I've known this for awhile but just haven't shared. My friend Hayley sent me an email that made me think I should share some of the things kids are doing these days (besides the ones we all know). This may not be new info for some of you, but for others, you may have not known that this is going on.
Kids, as early as middle school, are engaging in these activities and kids in elementary school are hearing about it. I don't doubt that even some of the older kids in the elementary schools are trying these things too. When I first heard about it, I thought no way, then I called my little sister in Idaho (she is a junior in high school) and she was flabbergasted that I even knew about these things. She verified that it does go on and some of the counselors at school have talked with the students about it (she told me she has personaly never done these things, thought I should clarify). Holy crap. Eeeww.
I'm not going to describe these things on the blog. Virgin eyes (including Kei's) read this blog and it would be very inappropriate to share here. What you need to do is go to Urban Dictionary
and type in shocker and rainbow party. The first definitions that you see, that is what kids are doing. Ky told me that one of the nurses he works with was checking her daughters texts on her cell phone and one of the girls was talking about a classmate getting a shocker. Gross.
It's legit.
The other thing kids are doing is taking a prescription pill from home, getting together and throwing them all in a big bowl and then playing games and the loser has to take a pill. Stupid. They validate it by saying they aren't illegal drugs so there is nothing wrong with it. What is wrong with these kids? The ones that I have heard of doing this are those that say they are good Christian kids and would never do drugs, or at least not illegal ones.
There is a lot of junk out there that kids can get themselves messed up in. I want to know all I can so I know what questions to ask Kei and get info from him. I never want to be the naive parent that thinks my kid would never do or be involved in anything like this, the only way to make sure he doesn't, is to stay informed and keep communicating .
13 years ago



4 comments:
scary world we live in!
I have been meaning to tell you this...You know how it takes a little more effort to leave a "comment" on my blog. That is because I received some random comment that said "see here", once I clicked on "here", it was a link that took me to a full on porn site. I was so mad! You have to be so careful in this crazy world!
Sheesh...I thought our generation was bad! I told RYan today that I want to put Jacie is a private school--Judy's home school". I don't really, because I think public education is very important, but how do I protect her from stuff like this!!
Not sure when you guys will be here, but we are having a birthday party for Jacie in March 15. if you're in town, it would be great to have you come!
Oh my goodness....I was so naieve in High School....turns out I still am according to todays standards!
don't worry. once your kids are old enough to hear or know any of this stuff you will know too. at this point hebe is too young and you have no reason to have to be in the "know", that will all come soon enough =)
Post a Comment