Friday, September 12, 2008

What a Week

This will be brief. Or so I plan to be.
I've changed the blog a little bit so sorry if you are one of those blog surfers who know just where to go to look at your favorite blogs that are listed on mine. I only mention this because several of you have also re-categorized and it threw me off! I'm definitely a creature of habit.

I survived a full week of school. Not without incident. Several of our "friends" have decided to bend the rules, I was expecting this but the second week into school? I thought the "honeymoon" would last a little bit longer.
One kid was caught smoking, the other-throwing a can of frosting down the hall, making a HUGE mess, and 2 ding dongs that skipped class while all three of us (myself and the 2 teachers I work with) watched. DUH.
How do we deal with these punks. The first had to go to ISS (in school suspension) and write a 10 page paper on why smoking is bad. He then had to give a report to the class. He did a great job until he got to the part where he could share his personal opinion. Let's just say the research was to no avail.
The frosting thrower was ratted out by one of his classmates who told me who did it. We gave him a chance to confess on his own, but did he? Ya right. Daryl (one of the teachers) pulled out a blank VHS tape and called him into his office. He asked the culprit if he had anything he wanted to say or did he want to watch the tape. He confessed. It was funny. He was scared and he would have been furious to know he had been punked.
I was about to go on and describe all the consequences but I said I would be brief. I want you all to come back and check the blog again so I'm going to stop.
Work is good. Sleeping is not (I'm not use to getting up at 5:30 a.m.). Keion is fitting in wonderfully at school, I didn't expect much less. He has a soccer game tomorrow so I will post more pics.
Kylan is working away and has decided he wants an iPhone. Thanks Micah. I'm sure he will get it, it's only a matter of time. Who knows, I may decided I "need" one too!!
Have a great weekend and check back for some new pics.

4 comments:

robertsfamof5 said...

I love the punk! Great idea!

Kristi said...

Oh what memories this post brings back for me! Teaching for two years at the Alternate Jr. High gave me lots of stories like these! I feel for ya, girl. But, it gets better! You get caloused and learn to deal with it, I promise. I am so glad Keion is fitting in well. I love that little man. I haven't read the book yet, so you'll have to be patient with me! We'll chat soon!

Felicia said...

Where exactly did you get the job you "wanted"? Anyway, it sounds like it keeps you on your toes! I wanted an iPhone too. I hasn't happened yet- but ti will, eventually! Your bathroom looks great by the way. I say the black towel. I love black.

MadMama said...

Out of anyone I know you are the perfect person to work with highschool kids. I am sure you could get them to listen more than anyone could. Definetly some crazy kids though. Whats with the frosting kid? Your awesome and were all routing for you!