Keion has a book called, Uncle John's Bathroom Reader...For Kids Only.
It is such a fun book and once Keion saw it at the store, he had to have it.
The topics in this book range from facts about creatures, things around the house, worldly matters, animals, a section called "just weird" and many others.
You would love it!
Here is part of a section I found interesting:
-Studies show that boys' hair grows faster than girls'.
-Fish scales, reptile scales, fingernails, and feathers are made of the same stuff as hair.
-Spiders are hairy all over
-The hairiest animal in the world is the chinchilla. It has about 60 hairs sprouting from each hair follicle.
-Hair grows faster in warm weather.
-From on strand of hair, scientists can determine what you eat, if you smoke, and your ethnic orgin. What they can't tell: your gender.
-In Costa Rica, women decorate their hair with fireflies. (those of us who have actually seen a firefly, know that they are a lot bigger than what people think, GROSS)
-Any creature with skin or fur can get dandruff, but when an animals get it it's called "dander".
-Shirley Temple's hairstyle had exactly 56 curls.
-Crabs are equipped with small hairs on their claws that help them detect vibrations and water currents.
-Leila's Hair Museum in Independence, MO., specializes in antique jewelry made of hair. (double gross)
-A single strand of hair can support 100 grams of weight, about the weight of 20 Hershey Kisses. Based on that fact, an entire head of hair-about 130,000 hairs-should technically be able to lift two full-grown elephants. (But don't try it.)
We are all so worried about our hair, the style, color, thickness... I never even thought of this stuff though.
I have some pics of New Years and Keion's choir concert yet to post. I've just been so lazy and my vacation is about to come to an abrupt end. Oh, help me.
13 years ago



5 comments:
That book sounds awesome! My kids would love it. We were also a little bummed about getting back to real life today. Holidays are the best!!
Thanks for not mentioning anything about sponges. Nels would love that book. I'm going to have to keep my eye out. Did you have to go back to work today? Count down to January 19th.
Have a good day.
Sandra
I LOVE random facts like this!! That book sounds awesome!
That book sounds fun! 56 curls, huh?! I'm sure as heck not letting any scientists get a hold of a single strand of my hair. No one needs to know exactly how much crap I eat and soda I drink! :)
HAHA....Darn,I wanted to test out some chocolate, and why not an elephant!?! Ha. I did know hair grows faster in the summer. Hence, I am stuck with this gawky haircut longer than usual....grow grow....or get some money to cut cut. Ah, I am so relieved to know Shirley temple had 56 curls....every time...THAT is amazing. Darn,....I have only been giving Caitlyn 54. ;) Hee hee. Kidding. How funny someone counted. Anyway. That is interesting. I am sure Jonathan will LOVE this dermatological post. Perhaps this could be a Christmas gift next year. ;)
Post a Comment