I'm in shock.
Before we were even able to sit in the pew at church, a stake rep. came up to Kylan and I and asked if he could visit with us for just a minute. (church had already started)
I knew Kylan was going to get something big. The bishop called last week and asked about our work schedules so I knew something was up.
I just got put in as the First Counselor in the YW's about 1 1/2 months ago so I felt pretty safe.
As it turns out...
I just got called to be the seminary teacher. (early morning)
What?? ( you should see my glazed over eyes and blank stare, I hope someday it will go away!)
13 years ago



19 comments:
You will be amazing! I may have learned something if you would have been my seminary teacher (and if I hadn't used it as an extended lunch period...hooray for release time!).
WOW! Congratulations. You will be great! How early is early? And where do you hold seminary?
You will do a fabulous job! Feel for ya, though! Early morning?! Barf! Congrats!
THAT WOULD BE A SHOCK, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WERE JUST PUT IN AS 1ST COUNSELOR. I HATE EARLY MORNINGS, GOOD LUCK, I'M SURE YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!
The teaching part won't be so bad if you can wake yourself up enough to be conscious! Oh wait, that would be my problem since you're the morning girl! :) Seriously, that calling would stress me out, but I'm sure you'll surprise yourself with how well you'll do and how much you'll learn!!!! Congrats!
You will be awesome. I think that early morning stuff is a killer. But you can just go to bed earlier to get your full eight and all will still be perfect. I am sure the youth will love seminary. You didn't mention how early, but the word "early" is bad enough.
Congratulations!
You will do such a great job! I bet they are going to miss you a ton in YW. Congrats!!
Are you doing YW as well? Yikes! That is a lot of work! I think you will really enjoy teaching though. You will do great. Just remember, they don't have large attention spans, especially early in the morning. So, 20% teaching, 80% doing a fun activity that reinforces the lesson. You CAN do it!
You will be awesome!!!!!
You'll be an awesome teacher. I can remember those years of getting up at 5:00am for seminary in high school. YIKES!!! Looks like it's early to bed for you from now on!!
Are you kidding me!!!! That is crazy, I thought early morning seminary was a volunteer kind of calling. I can't even imagine doing that every morning. My parents did the whole seminary thing for a couple years, they were studying all the time. No really you are going to be awesome, those kids are going to love you. Just bring hot chocolate and snacks every morning and they will come:) I will be praying for you!!!
I would even go to EARLY morning seminary if you were my teacher! Awesome. But sorry about the early, that stinks. You will be great because you are so funny. Kids dig that. (well except your own kids, they think its dumb, but other's people's kids will love it!)
Yes, Kylan told me and I about cried for you. However, that is just my insecurities and knowledge that I couldn't (or would have a very difficult time). You on the other hand will do amazing...of course once that glaze goes away. :) The kids will love you (that goes without saying) and what a good opportunity to continue learning and studying the scriptures.
Oh. Man. That is a big one. I'm sure you will love it, but that calling is hard work. Are you a morning person? :)
You are going to be the best! I loved early morning seminary, especially when I had an amazing teacher. You can do it, I have no doubt. You will be in my prayers! It isn't the waking up part that is going to be bad it is - temps that will kill ya!
You will be amazing! What an incredible opportunity (well maybe not the "waking up" part), but having such an influence on so many young lives!!
I've never gotten a calling that I felt like I was qualified for. The Lord always knows more than us, of course. I'm sure you will be awesome!
Congrats!! my sister Judith got the same calling last week. Wow! this year the kids of seminary will have the best two teachers in the world!
This is awesome!!! The kids you'll be teaching are so lucky!!! You're gonna be a great seminary teacher.
Post a Comment