Sunday, August 30, 2009

CRIM

When you are new to Michigan there are two things you learn right away:
1-You find out just what "up north" means
2-You find out what the "CRIM" is
A year ago when we arrived in MI. the word on the street and what everyone wanted to know was if you were going to run in the CRIM.
You see, the CRIM is a festival of races. There is a race for everyone. You can run in the competitive 10 mile, 8k, 5k, 1 mile or the kids teddy bear trot.
Last year I missed out because I was injured but I decided to do it this year and it was a blast.
The weather was perfect.
I originally planned on running the 10 mile and then jump into the 8k but at mile 9 I saw Kylan and Keion (they were at a camp-out the night before). I met up with them at the finish instead of running more.
Several of the residents that Kylan works with were running the race.
Jess (on the left in the pic below) is one of them. The other gal is Tobey, she ran the CRIM for the first time too.

This is around mile 9 when I saw Kylan and Keion. As you can see, Keion ran down the street after me. He was teasing me to pick up the pace. Yes, I agree, I should have been running a little faster but hey, I thought I had several more miles to run after. Seth is another ENT resident, just a year ahead of Kylan. Super nice guy and super fast. He finished the race in 1 hour 3 minutes. My legs and stomach hurt just thinking about running that fast. (oh ya, Jess' husband ran it in 59 minutes, unbelievable!)

I ended up running the race in 1 hour 23 minutes. Really, I wish I would have ran harder and broke the 20 minute mark but I have more CRIM races in the future to do that. For now, I'm just happy to say I've done it.

I'm a true Michigander now!

7 comments:

Judaloo said...

Ah, man! We really missed out on some fun!!

Burrups said...

That's awesome you did it!! You look so good as always!!

Jen said...

You are so cute!

Anonymous said...

When in Rome! You are a local, congrats! The race looks like a lot of fun.
Karrie Jo

robertsfamof5 said...

NICE! I so missed running it this year.

Kristi said...

You earned a shiny medal right? Yes! You look great. I am glad you had fun!

Kristi said...

What? I just did the math. You ran like the wind girl! I am impressed!!!!