Monday, September 21, 2009

The Closing of Summer

I'm not going to complain one bit about the Fall weather we are having. I'm loving every minute of it.
The only sad part is the fact that the long summer nights are coming to an end.
Look at all the fun stuff we are going to miss out on until next summer...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Thank heavens for Scouts. Wouldn't have gotten this fire started without the ol' trusty log cabin technique.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was beginning to think the Smores were going to be a disaster.
Photobucket
But when there is a will, there IS a way!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Those Smores were ok after all, or at least the marshmallows were!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A final cookout with Pat and Norma. They always treat us so well, we could never repay them for all they do. Pat just came and helped (ok, Kylan watched) Kylan fix the toilet.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We have had a blast this summer.
I can't believe we have lived here for over a year. It is going by way too fast. I get a little teary eyed even thinking about moving again.
I'm just happy we have almost 4 more years here. We love our friends and this town we call home.
I hope these great summer memories help me survive the winter. I know it's going to be a bad one.
Here is to a fun Fall, that I hope we all have.

3 comments:

Burrups said...

I am so glad you had a great summer and have such good friends!! The pictures are so cute! I love the smore ones:)

Kristi said...

OMG!!!Those are GREAT photos!

Jan said...

Good food, good friends, good fun, good weather and well just a good time!! Pictures are great!