Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Break 2011 NOLA Style

We had such a blast visiting our friends, the Pullin's, in New Orleans over spring break.
There is not another city like it. If you haven't had a chance to experience it, you should!
There are too many pics so these posts will have to come in waves.
First stop...
Oak Alley Plantation.
This place has been in several movies and music videos. It sits right next to the Mississippi River.
Photobucket

Photobucket
These oak trees are over 300 years old.
Photobucket
Sara and I displaying a holly bush. I don't think I have ever seen one live.
Photobucket
Kylan pretending to drink from the nasty trough that was once used to boil the sugar to get the infirmities out.
Photobucket
A shot from the front of the mansion.
Photobucket
A shot from the balcony in front of the house.
At the end of the walk way, the Mississippi is less than 50 yards away.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Keion posing with our tour guide!!
Photobucket
The gift shop was very entertaining.
Photobucket

Much much much more to come...

2 comments:

Jen A. said...

Great pic's. Can't wait to see more! Darin served his mission in Lousianna, we love that place!

valerie said...

Great Pictures!! I love the trees!