Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Family Pictures

It is that time of year again when everyone gets ready to send out Christmas cards and usually a family picture.
I must say that I prefer to take pictures towards the end of summer when our faces are a little sunkissed and it isn't torture sitting outside during a photo shoot.
Too bad we missed that prime time this year.
Do you despise family pictures as much as we do here?
I think I hate coming up with what to wear the most.
This year I was trying not to be so matchy with the outfits and I failed miserably. Next year I am going to have to just have everyone pick what they want to wear on their own and we will be guaranteed randomness!!
I really wanted our family pics this year to reflect what we have called  home for the past 5 years. In the end the one we picked was exactly what I was looking for.
Here are a couple pictures from our attempt at family pictures.
Oh the joys!!
If we could only get everyone to look at the camera at the same time. Emory is always too interested in Keion, usually a good thing but in this case it is not! Way to go Kylan, at least you were ready.

This picture is hysterical. It is like the junior high boyfriend/girlfriend pose but with mom and son...awkward!

Happy for the moment. But is wasn't always smiles.

This pose just wasn't working for us long legged folks.

See they are running out of smiles. I love that they both look so put out.

FLYING!

Another "happy" pose. Keion isn't so bad but Emory looks like a schoolmarm.

There is the happy girl.


And our happy boy.






 
The best part of family pictures? When they are over!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I love these pictures. The first look at the one sitting on the stairs led me to believe Kylan didn't have socks and was wearing girl shoes. I was momentarily stunned. Glad that was you Danette. The one that you are looking at Emory and Emory looking at Keion is funny. You girls are just keeping an eye on the boys so they are ready. I think you put some teeth in Emory, her smile will be just like Keions. Such happy pretty smiles. Love them so much!