Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Estoy Frio aka I'm Freezing



This is a picture of me thawing out =)

The first snowfall of the season fell today. It was nothing to write home about but the flurries were visible nonetheless. I left class and couldn't wait to get home where it would be warm and cozy. When I entered the house I didn't notice much of a difference but attributed it to the extremely hot temp I was able to attain in the car. Thirty minutes later I still hadn't taken my coat off and my fingers were becoming numb. I was absolutely freeeeezzing! Icicles were forming on my eyelashes and the hair on my upper lip(slight exaggeration). I decided I better go get a blanket off my bed to wrap up in, as I did I passed the thermostat on the wall. You won't believe what temp it was set on...59 degrees! No wonder I was turning into a human popsicle. I cranked the heat up and slowly thawed out. Do you remember the feeling you get when your hands are super cold and you put them under hot water? For me, it's the sensation of needles poking holes through my skin. Super pleasant (i'm not being sarcastic at all). I'm surprised that hours later I'm even able to type this. I thought I might loose a couple fingers from the whole ordeal. I'm really not ready for the cold weather. I'm going to have to have a talk with Ky about turning the heat up or letting me know when he turns it down for the night.

6 comments:

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

You should come to my house because Ben literally is baking me to death. I don't know for sure what happened to me when I was pregnant but I have not changed back....70 degrees is too hot for me.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

I am still laughing out loud...not at you, but because you always make me laugh! You are hilarious. I am glad you got warmer. One time I remember being so cold, my fingers seriously looked like uncooked hot dogs. Gross. I don't think the snow fell here yet. Perhaps I should look out my window. How are classes going?! =)

DeGooyer Family said...

This reminds me of when we were first married, and tried to save money by turning our heat down to 65 degrees. It was always cold in our apartment, but we bundled up, and made lots of hot cocoa. I'm not sure it saved much money though.. Maybe $5/month. Worth it? Now that I look back, NO!!!

Jen said...

This is why you should come back to Kirksville. It was 52 degrees here and no snow in sight. I think today is supposed to be a high of 57. Hannah will probably think we should go swimming :)

hayley said...

Oh, your story is making me depressed! Does it really save you significant money to keep your heat at 60 at night at 66 in the day? That's what we did last winter, but I really don't want to do it again! CA here we come:)

Kirsten said...

The only thing worse than being that cold is being that hot. I know most women would disagree, but I HATE being hot. It's easier to warm up than it is to cool down. So sorry you're freezing your tooshy off though!