Ky is giving Kei his first clue to the first present.

Grandma J is notorious for sending Kei his present in an old checkbook box. I love it. I'm not sure if Kei should eat the "loose" candy in the box but we let him anyway. There is typically some loose change floating around in there too. I think the best part is that this is one of Kei's favorite gifts every year!

We gave Kei an ipod for his birthday. All he really wanted was a new xbox game. We should have bought the game. It would have been cheaper and I wouldn't have to listen to Kei singing in the bathroom, in his room, in the car and anywhere he can carry his music....EVERYWHERE.

He was so excited to share his tunes.

Ky showed him how to get to the games, videos and all the other fun things.
Kei hates cake so we typically just have ice cream instead of a birthday cake. I picked up these pumpkin donuts (Kei usually likes pumpkin bread) in place of the cake, to only realize I had no candles. Sad. I lit a match and had him blow it out while Ky and I-off key- sang happy birthday to him. Do you remember the book "You Know Your Ghetto If...", well I believe you might find this version of b-day candles somewhere in that book.







4 comments:
Oh the treasure hunt! That is such a fun creative tradtion. Something so simple, yet makes the birthday so special:) Cool present, the new ipod! I guess you will be updating your music with the latest coolest stuff, I am so excited, hehe:)
What a cool birthday!
You look gorgeous as always. I love Umpa Lumpa costume, and the treasure hunt idea. But I have to say, who hates cake? I did not know that was possible, of course I love all carbs great and small, so...
I can't tell you how much I LOVE the costume. Looks like it was a fun birthday! Hopefully Keion scored enough cash to still buy the xbox game. Those kids checking out the costume were totally jealous, I could see it in their eyes!
Post a Comment