Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Mom Feet"

You know that crusty, calloused layer moms build at the bottom of their feet? Well, I got it. I'm not proud in the least. I've been fighting this for years and I think I'm starting to lose. I went to take my socks off the other night and they totally got snagged on these bad boys. Eeew. Granted, this photo was taken with 2 days of no lotion and after I applied some they looked much better. I didn't take an after shot because it would ruin the dramatic affect I'm going for!
Kei said,"I know where you got that mom (talking about my nasty feet)."
Me: "Where?"
Kei: "From Grandma!"
That made me really laugh. No offence to my mom but she has a built in layer of shoes because her feet are so bad. If she were to step on a nail, the nail would bend. I believe it comes from years of being a stay- at- home mom and hardly ever wearing shoes. In that case she can parade around in her crusty feet with honor. Me on the other hand, I'm not the domestic goddess that she was and have no good excuse for my hideous feet.
Do any of you have this problem? Am I alone, in my old age, with leathered soles?
Any home remedies you readers know about? Please share. Oh ya, and getting a pedicure is out of the question-you know that will be several years down the road before I have that luxury!

8 comments:

christine said...

It's developing. Avon has some foot soak and stuff that's nice.

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Get the pedi egg for 10 bucks! I finally splurged and I love it. I also love Burts Bees brand foot cream. I put it on at night and cover my tootsies with a pair of socks.

hayley said...

What's sad is I thought that was the "after" picture. Mine are so bad. Not too bad in winter, but come summer I don't need shoes either. I would say don't pick at it no matter what, they just crack and get worse. Lotion, vitamin E cream and socks. But who wants to wear socks??? Not worth it. I loved Keion comment.

Jen A. said...

I didn't even read your post before I suggested the pedicure...that idea was all my own! I mean it, you and me, for a "little" royal treatment after an evening with my children, you will need it!!

valerie said...

Nice feet Danette!! This happened to mine years ago!! You're not the only one. Hey congrats on the match. How exciting!!!

Jen said...

I have heard that Desitin (the stuff for baby bums) is a fantastic moisturizer for your feet.

Erin said...

Danette - I love your blog! I've enjoyed reading some of your posts, and when I came to this one, I had to laugh out loud! You are too funny. So, if I have the same problem of having my socks get caught on my "leathered soles", does that mean my feet are hideous too? I never had a complex about them before.... haha! :)

Abby said...

Just look in any WalMart-esque store and find a pumice stone...or something that replicates a cheese grater. Then rub vigorously against the callous and soak with lotion. The perfect cure!