

I can run in some extreme weather but snow up to my knees, I don't think so. I could always go run on the treadmill but I would have more fun ripping out my eyeballs. I can't stand to run on the treadmill, it is complete torture. I guess I'll go feed my face some more, read my book and save my motivation for another day when I can hit the pavement. I do have a couple running schedules for anyone interested in training for a half-marathon.
I used this one for the Akron half and my sister in-law just sent me this running schedule for the Ogden half on May 17th. It is nice to have a routine to keep you in check and feel accountable to something. You should be running up to 15 miles a week before you start these schedules. Anyone can do it. I'm trying to talk Ky into running with me. He has a month off before he graduates and I think that will give me enough time to convince him he likes running outside. He prefers the treadmill, what is wrong with him?



7 comments:
Are you doing the Ogden one? My little sister is, I believe. I totally prefer the treadmill as well :) A mile on a treadmill is easier than a mile outside but I feel the same sense of accomplishment for some reason.
I wish I could run the Ogden race. My brother and sister in-law are going to run it together. Any race with some downhill running would be great! We only head back west once a year and we are doing that later in the summer when Keion's school gets out so no race for me, unless it is somewhere out here! Do you plan on doing any racing?
I'm with you, Running outside is so much better! I can't wait for nicer weather.
I have to vote with the treadmill team! It's so much easier to mentally check out and think about other things.
Sick! I am referring to the snow and the running:) You are amazing. I am baffled by the "runner's high" I thought I might have experienced it once in my life about 10 years ago, but now I think it must have been a dream. I think I grew up with too many mirrors in my house; now that I don't have as many mirrors I don't notice the flab quite so much:) I hope spring comes soon too! Spring days in winter are such a tease.
So where are hiding those extra layers??? Under your fingernails?? =)
Geeesh, I feel your pain. I worked really hard just before Christmas to burn the baby weight off, which I did. Now I feel like it is all back, because of this dang Michigan weather. It sucks!!!!!!
Post a Comment