We spent the week looking at houses and took time out to make sure Kei was able to do something more "kid friendly" during his break.
Monday night we went to a Piston's game with some of our friends. Detroit was playing Phoenix and although it wasn't the smartest thing to do, in the second highest crime rated city, we cheered for the Suns. Too bad they lost in overtime, but at least we got our monies worth.
This little sweet pea is Brinley. Who said red heads aren't cute? Well, this one is anyway!
One of our friends that came to the game was Ryan. He will be the chief resident in ENT next year, so he will be bossing Ky around! It was his first pro basketball game.
Here we are acting silly. Ryan is telling Kei to, "pop his collar"! Next pic is the whole crew.
Here is Dan and Maren Higbee. They let us stay with them, AGAIN, while we house hunted. They have the most adorable family and now they have a baby boy to show off as well. I love the two pics below. More for the "other" people that are in the picture. Their faces are just too funny. The best part is that the guy sitting below us was a complete grouch and was getting all miffed at us for cheering for the other team. You wouldn't know it by the big cheese he was giving for the camera. You would think Ky was taking a pic of him! Too funny.
We also went to the Kalahari indoor water park. It is the largest indoor water park in the U.S. I must admit that I thought it was too cold. I was hoping the water and air inside would have been warmer than it was. That is probably hard to accomplish when it's snowing outside. Burrrr.We did have a ton of fun nonetheless.
House hunting was not near as fun as I thought it would be. Why did I think this was going to be fun? I'm so glad that we have an amazing realtor who took great care of us. He was referred to us by Ky's resident director, so we knew we couldn't go wrong. We did find one house that we have made an offer on but we will just have to wait and see. I sure hope we don't have to go back up and look again but if we do, I'm just glad I'm not so far away that it becomes too painful.
Tues. night the ENT resident director, took Ky and I to dinner, with his wife. We went to a really nice restaurant and Dr. Robbins and his wife Ellen were so wonderful to us. We feel so blessed and grateful to be where we are. They gave us big hugs when we left as well as numbers to contact them when we move to town and need any help. They are amazing and so are the friends we already have there. It definitely makes the move that much easier even though we are leaving good friends behind.
I'll post some pics of the new home once we finalize on one-wish us luck, we need it!



5 comments:
I am happy to see an update. Funny thing is I checked as soon as I knew you were back in town. Only I would think that would be the very first thing you would do. Dan and Marin do have a darling family indeed. Thanks for the pictures of your fun times and the details. It really brings your fun times to life.
House hunting???? Whatever made you think it would be fun? It is right up there with buying a car or insurance. They are all painful.
Tell Keion I am so glad he got to do some kid friendly stuff while it was HIS spring break afterall. I have almost forgot what spring break is all about. No kids at home to plan life around. Crazy stuff!!
Good luck with the house. I am anxious to know where you end up. It makes such a difference knowing you can come back up if you need to. That is what stressed us out when Ryan had to come look by himself. He had 2 1/2 days to get something. Anyways, good luck! Hope your offer is accepted.
Allison, as in Allison that lives in Grand Blanc, MI?? You are the only Allison I know with a husband named Ryan!! As in Allison with twin girls and a baby boy?? Let me know if I am wrong...
Danette--house hunting sucks! Ryan and I looked at over 30 houses before we settled on the one we have, and even then, it wasn't like "This is it! The house of my dreams". It is painful, painful painful. The whole closing process stinks (at least it did for us), too. GOOD LUCK!! You are always welcome to stay here, if you need to come back up.
Good luck! How awesome to have such great support. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I was cracking up at the other people in your pictures, that is sooooo funny:) Also, my sisters names are Marin and Brynley so it was cool to hear the two names together like that. Although I hear Brynley all the time now, it's so cute, I would use it too if it wasn't my sisters name:)
Glad you guys had fun. Thanks for the slam on redheads. Sorry you have to be associated with such ugliness! :)
Post a Comment