This wasn't the first time we have made this trek and I swore the first time we had, that I would never do it again. What was I thinking? I've made the trip twice since then. This time wasn't as bad because we were able to pick up my MIL at the Indianapolis airport half way and it split the trip up enough that it went by more quickly than I had anticipated.
My MIL had the first half of her flight with the McManus', funny that she recognized them at the BBQ on Friday.
Fortunately for us, MIL is a technology junkie and she brought all of her goods with her. We had our own personal guide, Michelle, giving us directions on the GPS , Internet, movies and music. It was almost better than being at home =)
Here are a couple pics of the looooong ride in the car. Some are goofy but we got desperate at times for entertainment. What can be more entertaining than taking pics of yourself???


Keion has the koosh life. He had access to anything and everything he could possibly want plus grandma was in the back to cater to his every need. Spoiled rotten.

I wish I had it like this when I was growing up. Bacon cheese burger, fries, soda and a movie..in the car! All I had on road trips at that age was 7 brothers and sisters all crammed in the back of a pickup truck, with the shell on top and carpet on the floor, and all of us fighting one another for the raw hot dogs. Gross but true.



3 comments:
I hear ya on the road trips. Being in a car that long is tough. Sounds like you had a lot of fun though.
Looks like you guys had fun despite the long drive. Pretty tough not to when the travelers are so much fun!
Kirsten said it all! How can you have as fun of a road trip without me? I am the party, haha. I will say I quite enjoyed my part of the road trip being in the back with Keion. Notice that he took his middle part of the seat just a bit to my side. I just couldn't have him slide over. I decided I'd miss that too much and it was such a short time. Anyway, I will have to admit to a portion of misery when I had to go to the bathroom and there was only green grass along the way. I was back on happy times when that little problem ended.
Post a Comment