Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Books or Bust

Keion is back to the books.
He is really pumped about it too!
He actually started back to school yesterday but I was too busy to post anything. So far so good. It is always rough being the new kid in school. I was so worried about Keion all day. In fact, I had to introduce myself to the class that I will be helping with (only 40+ students on the first day, in the end we will have around 60) and I was talking about Keion and almost got teary eyed. I quickly shrugged that off, I can't have these rough kids think I'm a softy, they would suck the life out of me if they knew! Ha.
Kylan and I were only worried about lunch and Keion having someone to sit by. I can't possibly imagine what that is like. I grew up in the same house my whole life so never had to deal with being the new kid. Keion was and is always a trooper. He had someone from his 4th hour to sit with. Yeah!!! The tough part is over. One day down, well now 2 and it can only get better..until the homework starts flowing in!

I'm not sure how many more first day of school pics we are going to get out of this kid. Fortunately Kylan was able to come home from work and see Keion off. I had to be at work a little early and wasn't able to be here when he left. I was glad that someone was here for the big occasion and he even remembered to take a picture!! Great job Ky.

Monday was a holiday and we all had the day off, I decided that we needed to finish the downstairs bathroom. I've been spending the last couple days trying to finish. It was more difficult than I thought. No, really more time consuming.

Remember this bathroom?

Coming (very) soon, the new and improved...

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Yipee! I can't wait to see the new bathroom. Your house looks great, Danette. I am so glad Keion's first days of school went well. He is so handsome, smart, athletic, funny and very cool, how could kids not flock to be his friend?! Love ya...Keion! Kristi

MadMama said...

Keion is such an awesome kid! I am sure he will make friends so fast! :) I can't wait to see the new bathroom.

Kirsten said...

That is one handsome guy! I can't believe how old he looks! Glad he had a good first day and he'll have no problem making friends. Looking forward to the bathroom!

Burrups said...

That makes me sad thinking about him not having anyone to sit by at lunch. I am glad he had a couple of good days so far and I am sure he will make friends fast. He is such a great kid! You guys are doing an awesome job!!

Jen A. said...

Congrats on the FIRST DAY Danette and Keion. I can't wait for the new bathroon look. Maybe I can still some ideas and inspiration, I need it!!

Laura said...

cant wait to see the bathroom. keion looks great! he is growing up so fast!!

Tobey said...

Cute first day of school pic. Oooo super excited to see the new bathroom...what suspense!

DeGooyer Family said...

He is getting SO tall! Glad he had a great first day. And I can't wait to see the bathroom! =)