Monday, September 8, 2008

Complete Randomness...and I'm not talking about brain right now!

Ok, I know I said I would have the finished product posted soon but I just haven't had time to get all the accessories finished for the bathroom. Well, I decided to post pics of it anyway. Many of you have been curious about the color and how the cabinets turned out. They are much better, we think so anyway. We went with a blue color for the walls with white and black accents. You only get to see a few of them here but maybe I will post another pic when it really is finished. I'm still looking for a zebra style rug for the floor, I'm so into animal print right now! What do you think, do you think that would be to wild???Here is a mirror that will hang on the wall, it use to be an antique white and I painted it black. Do you like how I am dodging behind the wall to not be in the shot? I hate catching myself in the mirror while taking pictures. What do you think of the cabinets? Do you like them better black?
Attention: I'm also needing help deciding what color to make the hand towel. The towel holder is silver and white. I should have taken a picture of it but didn't. I'm not hanging it until I have everything in place and know exactly where I want it. I was thinking white or black with the letter "P" monogrammed into it. What color do you think? Please help, you know I'm not good with this kind of thing. Or should I go with some other color?

I've also been busy making some tu-tu's. Because I am very un-crafty, I was pretty pleased how my first one turned out. Keion is always up for modeling, the kid is such a ham for the camera.

Do you like those colors together?

We also spent the entire day on Sat. shopping at the outlets and visiting Frankenmuth. There was a car show there and it's also the home of the largest indoor Christmas store.
While I was there I saw this black tree...I MUST have it! It only runs about $500.00, every year we get a new Christmas decoration and I say this is the one we should get this year. Have any of you ever seen a black tree decorated?? LOVE IT.
We all enjoy the villages. I would love to have a room just for an entire village and train. Have I mentioned that we love Christmas at our house. Kylan starts annoying us with Christmas songs in the beginning of Nov. and doesn't let up until the New Year.
They even had this crazy Halloween village that Keion really wanted. Go figure, he is into anything that has to do with Halloween (his birthday).

There were trees decorated to appease anyone and everyone. If you can think of a specific ornament, this place has it.We are just having good times around here. Everyone is trying to get our new routines down. My brain is a little scattered at the moments but I'm hoping things will slow down. Maybe I should stop doing all these little projects, ya- that would probably be a good idea.

15 comments:

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

SOOOOO fun! Your bathroom looks nice! I am the WRONG person to ask about decor opinions. But, I do LOVE your tu tus!! LOVE the colors together and how full it is! K crafty, time to help me with one! ;) Did you follow the party directions exactly? Or did you use more pieces? Keion looks lovely. =)

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Keion fills out that tutu very nicely. Did he wear that on the first day of school?

Heber is sitting her on my lap saying over and over again (he is very bothered) "no Kei, that for gils (girls)." How funny!

Your bathroom looks great. I am in the middle of finishing my kitchen table if you want to add that to your list.

Jen said...

Love the bathroom. I personally like black towels so guests don't feel bad wiping their hands. Are the tutus easy to make? I would love directions.

robertsfamof5 said...

Like the bathroom so far. I would go with the black! I love the black cabinets as well.
I love the Christmas store. A black tree??? HUH? I think you should get the bball tree!!!

Kerri said...

I think the bathroom looks great, of course I'm partial to black cabinets. The blue is a great contrast. Keion looks so handsome on his first day of school, I'm glad he is sinking into a routine and friends at school. Good thing he is such a loveable kid and fits in everywhere he's gone. I'm glad you have finally settled into a job that is working well for you. My job story doesn't hold a candle to your saga! :) You guys look great and I'm glad you are enjoying life!!!

MadMama said...

I love the bathroom and the mirror above the toilet. Sage is really enjoying the picture of Keion in his Tutu she said he is saying "tutu, tutu!" :) I do have to say I have NEVER seen a black christmas tree. When I lived in Germany though we had a bright purple tree (fake obviously) that one had to be the weirdest I'd ever seen. I do think you could dress a black tree up for a sexy christmas!

Laura said...

danette. i love the bathroom. it looks so great. i love b&w stuff. the towel idea sounds great.. i really like that. i would stick with it!!

Burrups said...

Love the bathroom! It looks so great! Good job on the tu tus also.

Leanne said...

Collin likes the pictures of Keion in the tutu too! I really like the bathroom. I think the black cabinets look great. I too would love instructions for the tutus.

Kristi said...

Love the bathroom! I am thinking of doing the same colors for our bonus room. I thought your idea for the hand towel sounded cool. I would do it! I am laughing out loud at the pic. of Keion as the little snowman. Too funny!

Kristi said...

Definitely do a leopard print rug. That would be awesome. I saw one the other day. I think it was at Target. Pottery Barn has them too! I know you have an outlet near by. Fun stuff!

valerie said...

I love the bathroom!! The tutu looks great too. I really like the colors!! Great Work Danette!!

Kirsten said...

well, looks like your color choice was a good one. I think it looks really good with the black cabinets! The only think I have to disagree with is the black towels. I'm more of a fan of white or another complimentary color. You knew if you asked for an opinion, i'd have to give it. :)

Jen said...

Ohh!! I love the new bathroom. The cabinet looks fantastic black. What do you mean you aren't good at this. If you can't find an animal print rug (which I think would be awesome) you could go for an animal print towel. Just a though.

Dixon's said...

I love the colors of your bathroom! Keion looks pretty cute too.