Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Quicky.

Get your minds out of the gutter.

I figured I better write a quick line about one of the girls in my class. Since I wrote about the student who didn't have a clue on his test, I should also report about some of the smarter ones.

Actually, this was one of those moments that makes any bad day you go through, worth it.
I graded this students Biology test today and she scored an 83%! That is out of this world for most of the kids we work with. Once I finished grading the test I made a HUGE deal about how well she had done.

I bragged to the other teachers. Praised her up and down and told the other students how amazing she did on her test. She had tears in her eyes and couldn't stop smiling. She told me she has never done that well on a test. She was so proud of herself.

Seeing someone gain some self confidence...Priceless!!

Speaking of smarty pants. Keion scored a 104% on a math test... now he's moving up to high math. Didn't take long for the teachers to figure out he's not only cute but smart too. Deadly combo!

6 comments:

Laura said...

that is so great. i bet you love working with students like that & way to go KEION!

Jana Dille said...

what a special moment, and I bet she'll remember that for a long time!

MadMama said...

That is really cool! What a sweet girl. Good job Keion 104% wow!

Anonymous said...

Smart and Cute,,Mom- (handsome) remember?? Yes, a deadly combination. I am proud of you Keion. I love you!

Kristi said...

I needed to read this. I have been frustrated with my students lately. This was a good reminder that, yes, it is worth it. Those moments are priceless! Keion, you are such a stud, always have been, always will be! Love you....

Maren said...

WAY TO GO KEION!!! You are so smart! And you too Danette. Way to encourage that sweet girl. Everyone loves to be bragged about and I bet your compliments meant the world to her. I love that little story. I am going to try to compliment my kids more tomorrow.