Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Sunday

So the tradition is, every Conference Sunday we make pull-a-part rolls to feast on while we sit back in our p.j's and listen to Conference, from the comfort of our home.
I saw a yummy recipe on the Sister's Cafe blog for a recipe for the rolls that had cream cheese in them. Sounded like heaven to me. In the end, it also sounded like more work than I wanted to put forth. Instead, I made some delicious cinnamon rolls.
These are really easy to make so I thought I would share the recipe with you.

First you must unwrap the canister, as indicated by the directions.
Apply an adequate amount of pressure to pop the can open.Make sure you separate the rolls along the, already perforated sections. This will ensure that each roll will be the same size and no one will be fighting over the biggest one. Always grease the pan. Makes clean-up much easier.Place the rolls ever so perfectly spaced.
They should look something like this.
Set the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
Don't forget to cut out the box tops coupon before throwing the paper away. You can earn money for your school! This is what the cinnamon rolls should look like right before they are ready to come out of the oven. Mmmm, nice and golden brown. Looks good, right?
Make sure you grab a hot pad to carefully remove the cinn. rolls. This one I have was made with love by one of Kylan's grandmas! I also just noticed I have a stain at the bottom of my oven, I'm going to have to do something about that, I'm not sure what it came from because heaven knows I haven't been cooking lately!
Now take the icing you have prepared (by taking the seal off) and spread onto cinn. rolls.
Be generous. Know one likes a dry cinn. roll. Well, not in this family anyway.
The jury. Keion strains to get a HUGE bite in his mouth. Just like Grandma McBride's homemade cinn rolls! Ok, not quite, but for the amount of clean up and effort, the difference in taste is well worth it.
Really, Pillsbury Grands Cinn Rolls are super yummy and as you can tell, super easy to make. We like the ones with the cream cheese frosting. If the sisters from Sister's Cafe could bottle up their rolls like this, I would be all over it!

13 comments:

Jana Dille said...

I love conference weekend! I just got done cutting up potato soup for the crock pot. Mmmmmmmm I love the smell of food while you're in bed watching conference. Hey, where's your story????? C'mon, get on it!:) Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello Peterson Family;
I'm a huge follower of the Peterson bloge, but have yet to leave a comment. But the cinnamon roll recipe, well...was amazing. We are the parents of 3 teenagers now, and it's crazy. We were so sad that we missed you when you came to Twin Falls. I was under the impression that Mike was going to contact you, but I have recently found out he didn't. He called you, but it is no longer your phone number. We however, have the same number, so call and let us know what your new number is. However, I think that you will excuse our absence when I tell you what was goin on. The day of your party, Nelson was returning home from basketball camp at BYU! Loved it, and I'm sure you are all proud of the fact that he is BYU's number 1 Cache Valley fan. I know how you all love BYU!! He also played football this year. His team was not all that successful. They did however win the toilet bowl. The last game both teams were 0 and 0. We walked out the winners.
Beth is an added person to our State Farm insurance, now driving. Took her three times to pass the test, but none the less, is out on the roads. She also dances on drill team, has a boyfriend, and a very large social life.
Chaz just received his mission call to Fort Lauderdale Florida, spanish speaking about a week ago. He will be leaving November 12. Hard to believe. I swear, they were just babies.
As for Mike and I, we are getting old, and tired. But lovin it all.
I love reading about you guys. I seem to come to your bloge every sunday. It's a riot.
Have a good day,
Sandra Ricks

robertsfamof5 said...

yOU ARE SUCH A GOOFBALL, AND SO CREATIVE! bY THE WAY, lOVE kEION'S SHIRT!

Burrups said...

We had Pillsbury this morning too while watching conference. Too funny!!

Kristi said...

This post cracked me up! Good for you. I am so for EASY, and we never make cinn. rolls, so those would be a huge hit in our home. I love the pic. of Keion chowing down. I couldn't help but to notice your cute, matching dinnerware too! Miss you guys.....

Laura said...

this post is great. that is a great tradition. these really made me want to go out and buy some!!!

The G-5+2 said...

We prefer Pillsbury Orange Rolls and so that is what we had this morning. When you are done cleaning your oven would you mind doing mine. I miss self cleaning ovens.

Bex said...

I love that recipe too we have them quite often! Very cute pictures....

MadMama said...

Mmmm! I wish we had some cinamin rolls! I tried making some homemade ones the other day and they were TINY! Hmmm...next time I will just buy the Philsberry!

Kirsten said...

Smarta**! You're hilarious!

valerie said...

Thanks for the good laugh Danette!! Way funny!! They still look good!!

Maren said...

I LOVE IT -M

Kerri said...

If only I could bake like that...:) yummy!