Monday, May 11, 2009

Another weekend..gone.

I swear the weekends are getting shorter and shorter. Odd to think, since the daylight is getting longer and longer. hmmm.
This past weekend was filled with all the same adventures we have every weekend. Sports, more sports, running, and some Sunday church. Gotta love it.
Some one asked how I keep motivated to run and sticking with it.
Here is the BIG secret...
Strip down butt naked and do a 360 in front of a full length mirror. Yea, that is all the motivation I need.
I'm going to do a couple half marathons this Summer and Fall and if I'm feeling good, maybe a marathon!!

Here are some pics from one of Keion's soccer games. He won one and tied one. No pictures from the other game because it was pouring rain- same rain I ran 9 miles in, miserable.
I also was too lazy to get up and take any pictures of Keion in action, I was too cold and huddled nicely in my warm blanket. Hence, the stellar photos below.
Mother's Day this year was sort of a bummer. Kylan was on call and went into the hospital Sat. morning at 5:00 am and didn't get home until noon the next day. He then slept until 3:30-4:00. Not much time to hang out but we had a good day anyway.
I'm so thankful for my mom and her example that she has shown me. I know you all think you have the greatest mom in the world but just so you know, you don't, I DO!!! J.K.
I'm so happy to have Keion and to be his mom.
He gave me a thank you card that he put together himself with a little message that made us all cry. He never had a chance to go shopping with Kylan so he also put some money in my card, isn't that sweet? His very own money too, not money that Kylan gave him.
I hope all you mothers out there had a fabulous day. The world would be a terrible place if it weren't for you!
I didn't take any pics yesterday. Gasp! So here are some fun old ones of me and my pal.

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy Mothers day! Jeff was on call too. :( I can't wait for intern year to be over!

hayley said...

I love the old pictures! Keion is just about the cutest kid EVER:) I couldn't help but smile when I read that he gave you some of his own money. I was just glad they passed out chocolate instead of flowers in church. As for the 360, I feel you:) hehehe. I have started with the crunches

Kristi said...

I can't believe how big Keion is! He looks like a pro out there on the soccer field. I hear ya with the running. I am forced to run because with my poor eating habits, it would be bad news if I didn't! I find out in a half hour if I am in for St. George's marathon. I am crossing my fingers!

Jana Dille said...

I love the camping pictures with the socks in the flip flops! Priceless:) Can't wait to go to Baumgartner, you going this year? We are heading up the second week in July:)! Wouldn't that be sweet to run into you there!:)

robertsfamof5 said...

Love the braids! Cute pics!

Burrups said...

Ohhhh that is so sweet!! What a great kid! Love the pictures!

karrie jo Winder said...

Seeing those old pictures of you and Keion makes me feel old. Time goes so fast and you don't realize it until you look back at old pics. I need to take a trip out to see you guys. It would be a blast to see keion play in a soccer game.

Jen said...

I love the braids. I think you are one of the best mom I know and your blog always gives me motivation to keep trying to be the best mom I can be.

christine said...

I love those braids. And the socks with the flip flops are h-o-t-t!