Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July

This years festivities was much better than last year.
This time last year Kylan was on his first night of call and Keion and I were left to fend
for ourselves. We survived, but this year was better with him having it off.
We started the morning off with a little town parade with friends. I love the small towns who
still throw candy!!
Believe me, we are only there for the candy, did you really think we would go to see a few old cars, tractor and the Miss Fenton from 1959! Really, it was fun.
Keion had a little bit of attitude because he had to wake up at 9:00. He is definitely hitting the teenage stage. Once we were in Idaho he started sleeping in until 9:00 and when we came back that was 11:00 our time. He continued to sleep in until 10:00 and sometimes I think he would sleep longer if I stayed quiet all morning.
Anyway, you gotta love the crown Maren let him wear.
Later that night we went to a BBQ and then to watch the fireworks. It was a little sad because Keion didn't come with us. He went to a friends to have dinner, watch a movie and then light fireworks.
It was the first time in 12 years that I spent the 4th without him.
I guess I need to start planning some super fun 4th of July stuff so that he can invite his friends to come over here. That way he can still celebrate with us.
Just another reason to have a nice boat!
Hopefully everyone had a safe 4th of July.

3 comments:

Burrups said...

Glad you nice a nice 4th of July even with Keion gone. I am not a fan of the teenage years either. You don't get as many hugs and they don't think you are as cool anymore.

Jan said...

Nice picture Keion!!! I think the headband says it all. You must have had a great 4th of July!!!

Love you,
Grams

Jan said...

Nice picture Keion!!! I think the headband says it all. You must have had a great 4th of July!!!

Love you,
Grams