Really, I think he planned on going up because he knew he would be missing
Keion so much!
I'm not going to lie. It has been SO lonely here without him.
He was pretty sad to be going too. I had to drag him out of bed at 5:45 a.m. and he
was not happy. He is a home-body and had a hard time leaving us behind.
I'm a little worried about him now because it has been raining and I'm sure that
can't be fun.
Anywho, when Kylan showed up on Monday night he was surprised to find Keion
battling it out with boys twice his size in a foam stick, fencing match. Oh ya, all the
while trying to keep your balance on a floating dock.
He got knocked off 2 times and then the 3rd time had held his own. I was just
shocked that he volunteered to do it, then again, I'm not. He has no fear of doing
stuff like that. (like the time he sang the National Anthem in front of his entire
class, solo)
Here is a picture of him getting ready to go out to the floating dock.
Kylan forgot to take the camera so he had to use his phone. It's better than nothing.
At this camp site, they have the best human foosball game. This took someserious work to build and put this together, but it looks well worth it!



experience for him.
Kylan is going back up again tonight to see him and the boys and check in. Yes, he misses
Keion but he also has to go up because his church calling is working with these boys so he
needed to go up anyway.
I think I'm going to send a little note to Keion and a treat for the boys. He only has to make it
2 more days.
I'm glad that 5 of the youth girls (well, recently graduated) came and spent 12 hours at my house helping keep my mind off of missing Keion.
Kylan and I have also had a good time together and even got to go on a date- whoot whoot.
But alas, life will be even better when my baby comes home! (yes, I know he is 12 but he will
always be my baby..poor boy!)




3 comments:
I can totally relate Keion:) I am a home body myself. I was so homesick my first girls camp I actually made myself physically sick so I could come home! I am pathetic and still like to be home having fun over most vacations, unless its family.
The human foosball looks like a blast! I wonder if I could build one in my backyard. Don't worry Keion will be home before you know it.
wow! my life will be consumed with scouts at some point. hope i can keep up. funny story about keion holding it in. we just got back from a trip. we were at a lake for a week (but staying in a nice lakehouse) and my 3 yr old still didn't go the second half of the trip and was completely uncomfortable by the end.
Post a Comment