Considering he was once told he was unreachable and unteachable, it was fitting that the students we teach and who have been told the same thing, were able to be his host during his visit.
Several of our students gave Manny a tour around the school and then introduced him at the assembly. Our class had the V.I.P. seating (first two rows on the floor next to the stage) and also had lunch with him after. Manny then gave the kids a more intimate and personal life lesson.
It was such an amazing experience.
Here are pictures from the day.
I LOVE these kids, even though sometimes they make it difficult for anyone to love them!


















2 comments:
That is so awesome!! You look gorgeous in the pics Danette!
I can't believe I am typing this, but...these pics. made me miss teaching in the high school.
I have heard abou the Freedom Writers. It is a book too, right? I need to read it.
Thanks for the fun post. Kelsie's right...you look fab. my sister!
Post a Comment