1st reason, I was still swollen, huge and looking rough in the pics. 2nd reason, my mother in-law made this beautiful dress (from a pic of a dress I found online!) that Emory was still too small to fit into. Those things were minor compared to the wonderful day we had. Kylan blessed Emory and my dad and brother, Jared, along with some of our dearest friends were able to participate as well. We had about 20+ friends not of our faith come to church to support us. It was awesome! We are so blessed with such wonderful families and great friends.
After church we had over 50+ people over to celebrate.
It was so much fun.
My dad grilled and everyone had a great time.
The food was soooo yummy and we had way too much left over, didn't help with that above mentioned swollen, huge body I was having!
Keion also earned his Eagle Scout some time back but didn't want to have a ceremony to receive his award.
His leader presented him with his medals at the house while everyone was there.
Worked out perfect considering anyone who would have come to the ceremony was already at the house.
So proud of him!!
My only regret is not getting more pics of everyone who was here for Emory's special day. Plus I didn't get a family pic with my family and Emory. My mom and dad got one but we weren't in it and my lil sis and brother were missing as well.
The weather was wonderful and it couldn't have turned out more perfectly.
Kylan gave a beautiful blessing that I was sobbing through along with several others!
He also bore his testimony and had our visiting friends in tears as well.
We are all just so thankful for family, friends and now this new little joy in our lives.
(Oh ya, several people asked about the blanket...you can't buy it anywhere my mom made it!!)



5 comments:
You look absolutely beautiful, I don't know what you are talking about. Emory also is beautiful, and takes after her mama, and I guess her Dad too:) Loved the dress! What an incredible day for your family.
Tears. Sad we couldn't be there. Move home already! We miss and love you guys.
P.S. She's beautifu!
You look fantastic no worries. That blessing dress is absolutely stunning. Congrats
She's beautiful!!! Congratulations!!
Don't sweat it. You and Emory both looked beautiful!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment