Monday, August 27, 2007

Conquering Infertility

Don't get excited. This post is not about me. I can say that I do know what it is like to take your temp. everyday, use ovulation kits, and turn something that should be natural into a scheduled routine. Ky and I tried for over 3 years to get pregnant. Going through the semen analysis, HSG testing, and uterine biopsy were only the beginning. We were told there was no reason we shouldn't be able to conceive. We tried several treatments, some of which included multiple daily shots, leaving a less than desirable bruised stomach and hind end. Those who have experienced this know the monthly, emotional roller coaster of feelings of elation, of expectation, and thinking finally, finally this could be it, this could be the month. Only to get that
unwelcome visit from Aunt Flow.
You know what I'm talking about. It is unpleasant when you're not trying to conceive and only more so when you are. But enough of the downside of infertility. My girlfriend Amy had been trying to get pregnant for 7 years. She just did IVF and is now pregnant with twins. She is having a boy and a girl! Knowing a little of what she has gone through, I am so exited for her and her husband. I was able to go to a baby shower for her while I was in Idaho and had such a great time. Amy is amazing and I can't wait until the little tikes arrive!


3 comments:

Jen said...

Danette-I love reading your blog. You are too cute. I feel like I can keep in touch with you now. In regards to the infertility; I beleive God works in mysterious ways. Look at me for example. My mom is told she can't have children at all, adopts my brother and I and has seven more naturally.

hayley said...

Way cute hair:)

DeGooyer Family said...

I've been there, too. Congrats to your friend - I can't imagine how excited she is to be having twins!!