Sunday, September 2, 2007

Fall = Football



I absolutely love the Fall. With the wonderful season comes one of my favorite sports. FOOTBALL. Growing up with two brothers who played college ball, it was just part of life. I was devastated when my mom told me I couldn't play because it was for boys. It was a complete rip. I could outplay all the boys in the neighborhood but I guess my accomplishments were to only be witnessed by those on Galena Street. I've moved on, but barely!
Kei started his first year of tackle football. He had his first game today. All of our friends and family in Cali will be pumped to know he is representing the 49ers. Kei rocks. He is such a natural. I hope to capture better footage of his excellence in future games. (I'm not bias at all, am I?!) It was exciting to watch him and his teammates, after I got over staring at one of the cheerleaders (pic further down).

I have to add that Kei is 3rd string center for his team and the 2nd string man was going to be absent in today's game so last night he felt like he could use a little more practice, just in case the center got injured. Unfortunately Ky had not made it home from Michigan yet so I had to fill the role of Q.B. Considering I was a Galena Street champion at one point in life, I figured I could do the job just as well as Ky. I was ready to take charge up until the point Kei told me "you're going to have to put your arm between my bum crack" for him to hike the ball. I made it for two practice hikes and then that was all I could do. We were both laughing too hard and it was just wrong. I'm glad Ky is back and I guess my mom was right, football is for boys!

3 comments:

hayley said...

hehehe! That is so funny:) Way to be there for him! I hope my tomboy skills will pay off with Luke and Cohen just like yours have raising Keion:)

Ashley said...

This makes me want a boy so bad. How fun! I bet he looks so cute in his little football uniform (don't tell him I said that. Tell him I said 'tough'). And that cheerleader is classic. But the 80's are coming back, so maybe she's not outdated, just ahead of the trend :) I love your blog, I'll have fun reading over past posts.

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Don't I know this....all of the sudden Ben is making up for lost time. It has been a while since he has allowed himself to relax and watch a game...it has usually been me that turns them on. Now that he is well on his way and in his ortho program he is watching every game on t.v. I had to threaten to take away the remote the other night as he was flipping back and forth like crazy. I love football though. I suppose he has earned this after 5-years of non-stop worry.