Thursday, September 27, 2007

Life Savers

I haven't been nervous at all about my race...until now. I guess I just haven't had the time to think about it. I go to Akron tomorrow to pick up my race packet and drive the course a couple of times so I know what I'm in for. I keep telling myself it is only 13.1 miles and I've ran that far several times, so I know I can do it. I say it doesn't matter what my time is as long as I finish, but the competitive side of me kicks in and wants to go faster than I should. I can't burn-out before I even hit mile 8. That will be miserable. I'm really going to have to watch my time at the mile markers and pace myself. It won't be like my other run when I had my friend Dulcey there to help me finish. I'm going solo, unless I can find a buddy along the course to run with me.


There are three things that I can't do without on race day: My once upon a time, black hat. It
usually has white salt marks all over it
from my sweaty runs. You can tell it gets
used, and may not last another race.






I haven't decided if I'm going to wear my Brooks shoes or my newer Adidas. I love Brooks and wish I would have stuck with them when I bought my new running shoes. Now I know.




Thanks to my brother
Robert, I have the best energy
snack for my run. These tasty
jello blocks are much better than
the GU provided on the course.
Thanks to these little life savers, I might just make it Sat. Wish me luck, and I will report when, or better yet, IF, I recover!

8 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm kind of nervous for you too even though I know you'll do great. I used to have a hat like that one too. Not sure where it ended up. Bummer about the adidas not being your favs. No more experimenting, just go for the Brooks next time. GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear how it goes.

dulcey said...

you will do great!! remember your training - you can do it!!!! dulcey

Christina said...

Good Luck!!! I am sure you will do great, you always do.

DeGooyer Family said...

Good luck, Danette!! I haven't run that far for a LONG time. I'm sure you'll do great!

hayley said...

Dude you are going to rock it, I just KNOW you will! Your adrenaline and your strong spirit will keep you going:) Sad about the shoes. But GOOD LUCK nonetheless. You are so awesome, I am glad you call me, cause you know me and phone, just doesn't happen. Can't wait to here about the race!

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Best of luck Danette! You will do great.

Jan said...

Good luck on your race. I will still be sleeping even when you finish, however, my dreams will be of your running and running and running and yes, running. Good for you!!

Jan said...

Good luck on your race. I will still be sleeping even when you finish, however, my dreams will be of your running and running and running and yes, running. Good for you!!