Friday, September 7, 2007

TGIF?

What a day this Friday has been. It all started with a lecture in my sociology class on Protestant ethics (specifically asceticism) and the realm of culture and ideas, crucial to the spirit of capitalism. We had an interesting (if you can call it that) discussion on the paradox of this theory.
This was my only class today so I was feeling great once it was over. I walked out to my car and my key less entry wasn't working. Blast! I was thinking what a waist of money fixing this would be. I tried several times just to make sure, but I couldn't hear the unlocking of the locks and none of the lights were coming on like they were suppose to. I decided to give the handle a lift just in case they were already unlocked. No luck. I then looked toward the back of the car and noticed it WASN'T my car! Duh. I tried to nonchalantly walk away and hope that no one was witnessing my dilemma. My car was two rows over. I couldn't help but get in the car and start laughing out loud. It must have been the intense lecture because I'm not that clueless...or am I?
I wish this was the last of my incidents for the day but unfortunately it was not.
I volunteer at Keion's elementary school clinic and basically I'm there to give out band aids, ice packs, and give needy kids some TLC. It was a slow day so I was able to study some Spanish.
I was just putting my book away and packing up my bag when a little second grader came in carrying a garbage can. Not good. If you see a kid doing this, you should turn and run the other direction, quickly! This poor kid had vomit all over him. He had major projectile going on.
I'm thinking "WHY ME" ( he's probably thinking the same thing), but I strap on my latex gloves (I should have put on another pair to make sure) and help the lad get cleaned up. I just handed him the towels and let him wipe himself off. The stench was something else, I guarantee he had something pink for lunch, and I'm starting to get queasy myself. UGH! The little boy went into the bathroom and changed his clothes and put them in a plastic bag. I was running around with the Lysol and spraying anything and everything. One of the office ladies came in and told me to go ahead and go home. Ya, after I did all the dirty work.
I don't even want to think about what could be in store for tonight.

1 comment:

hayley said...

What a trooper! Hope you made it through the night. Also, I was hoping someone saw you trying to break in, hehe:)