With school and all of the extracurricular activities I have going on in my life, I have become stressed to the max. Last night I just ABOUT had a melt down, no wait, I DID have a melt down. Unfortunately for Kei, he was a source for me to take out my frustrations. Now, he wasn't completely innocent in the situation, but nonetheless he didn't do anything that warranted the wrath that I delivered. I was spewing out words that made no sense, and jumbled fragments that were completely incoherent (similar to Miss.Teen South Carolina). At one point, Kei actually started laughing because of the ridiculousness that was coming out of my mouth. Thank goodness for humor. It is definitely my surviving mechanism. As hard as I tried to keep a straight face and maintain my anger, it just melted away and I was left laughing at myself. The rest of the evening wasn't perfect but today is a new day and I'm feeling much better. I couldn't help but remember another time when I got after Kei and he made this note for his bedroom door. He couldn't find the tape, but was too mad at me to ask, plus he wasn't ever going to talk to me again, so he had to improvise and this is what he came up with-
He used sticky notes! How could I ever get mad at such a clever kid?
7 comments:
I am sorry about your meltdown. I've had a few of those myself. You're right about humor - sometimes it's the only problem solver in those kinds of situations. What smart, little kid!
How funny is this! I love that Keion can laugh at you and you can laugh back. Heber and I have some work to do before we get there!
I love your posts. For some reason your blog isn't coming through on my google reader so when I clicked on your site and found like four new posts, it was awesome! Ah, yes, simple pleasures. They're what keep me going during the day. By the way, what are you going back to school for? And hopefully not english since my last sentence was horrible.
Those post it notes are classic:) That's awesome you could laugh at yourself after a melt down! I am working on it!
I love it! Kids are too funny even if sometimes they drive us crazy! Great job laughing it off! Sometime Ayden looks at me like 'what are you talking about Mom, Chloe loves it when I jump on her. Isn't that what brothers do.' Crazy kids! Got to love them!
You guys are such great parents, I wish I could end up laughing after a melt down-so do my kids I'm sure!! Tell Keion hi-we miss that crazy guy!! Tell him too great job on his football, Dylan wants to come and see his games!!
you get mad beause he wasted 6 post-its vs. one piece of tape. I'm just sayin'! but really - I invented post-its. They are so handy when you want to leave a little note. you should have written little reminders for him. Keion, clean your room. Keion, take out the garbage. Keion owes mom a back massage. just some suggestions.
Post a Comment