In the meanwhile I have been tagged. I'm suppose to tell 6 different factoids or interesting things about me. This was very painful to do. Somethings I don't want people to know, other things about me aren't interesting and most of my readers already know everything about me. I tried to spice'n things up w/some pictures so I hope you all aren't asleep by the time you get to the bottom of this very long post.
1. My maiden name is Peterson. We were fortunate to move to the Midwest where marrying your cousin is common practice. You know- we like to keep things in the family! Really, Ky and I are not related. As far as we can tell, there are no similarities in our family trees and the genealogy on both Peterson names are extensive. We do like to joke about being cousins and most people believe it when we say we are from Idaho!
2. I'm horrendous at orthography (a.k.a. spelling). I used the technical word so it would make you think I'm still smart even though I can't spell. Is it affidavit or affidavid? Accommodate or accomodate? Conquer or conquor? Deceive or decieve? Discipline or disipline? Government or goverment? Isickle or icicle? Lieutenent or lieutenant? Niche or nich? Parallel or paralell? Stratagem or strategem? Supersede or supercede? More than not, I will misspell the majority of these types of words. Keion asked me how I can get straight A's when I don't know how to spell very well. Praise be to the inventor of Spell Check!!!
3. One of my favorite foods are potatoes. I eat any kind cooked in any way. Baked, mashed, scalloped, boiled, creamed, fried, french fries, home fries, shoe string, fingerling, tator tots, potato pancakes, hash browns, russet, yukon gold, white, peruvian purple, new, red bliss, potato chips, potato salad, lyonnaise, stuffed...the list could go on and on and I'm sure you get the point.
4. To me, euphoria is mowing the lawn in a perfect pattern. I love the look of baseball fields, golf courses and ultimately any fresh cut grass. Just looking at those lines makes my heart skip a beat!
5. My biggest pet peeve is people who litter, specifically cigarette butts. Littered cigarette filters contain toxic chemicals that leak into the air and water-GROSS. I'm not proud of this, but I have an uncontrollable urge to honk when someone throws litter on the ground. I like to call it a courtesy honk to let them know they dropped something in case it was an accident. (he he he) Oh ya-grocery carts with one bad wheel or any other non-working part, comes in a close second.
6. Hang in there folks it's almost over! I'm an avid reader. In fact, I feel a binge coming on during my Christmas break. (open for suggested readings)The only literature I've read in the past couple of months have been school books or books related to class topics. I don't like reading books written in series because books 1 & 2 can be amazing and then book 3 will stink but you suffer through it to get to book 4, which in the end, may also stink. I hate that. It reminds me of movie sequels, nothing compares to the original. My initial instinct is to grab books based on historical fiction or anything dealing with history. I enjoy books clubs because they make me branch out and read books I may otherwise never have read. I have a file on my computer full of book reviews on books that I have read and a list of books I want to read. You would think with all the reading I do I would become a better speller, what is up with that?
5. My biggest pet peeve is people who litter, specifically cigarette butts. Littered cigarette filters contain toxic chemicals that leak into the air and water-GROSS. I'm not proud of this, but I have an uncontrollable urge to honk when someone throws litter on the ground. I like to call it a courtesy honk to let them know they dropped something in case it was an accident. (he he he) Oh ya-grocery carts with one bad wheel or any other non-working part, comes in a close second.
6. Hang in there folks it's almost over! I'm an avid reader. In fact, I feel a binge coming on during my Christmas break. (open for suggested readings)The only literature I've read in the past couple of months have been school books or books related to class topics. I don't like reading books written in series because books 1 & 2 can be amazing and then book 3 will stink but you suffer through it to get to book 4, which in the end, may also stink. I hate that. It reminds me of movie sequels, nothing compares to the original. My initial instinct is to grab books based on historical fiction or anything dealing with history. I enjoy books clubs because they make me branch out and read books I may otherwise never have read. I have a file on my computer full of book reviews on books that I have read and a list of books I want to read. You would think with all the reading I do I would become a better speller, what is up with that?




4 comments:
Hey, I forgot about your maiden name being Peterson. It's fun when you forget fun facts... you get to enjoy them all over again!
As far as book suggestions, I know you said you don't like series, but I would recommend "The Kingdom and the Crown". It's written by the same guy that did "The Work and the Glory" It's based on the life of Christ, but through the eyes of different characters who just encounter Jesus. I'm on the second book and they are just great. If not over Christmas break, you should just add them to your list of books to read. Glad you guys are back safe.
I didn't know you were a reader!! I want to be, but I just can't seem to get into books. You need to tell me a REALLY good book to start with. I begin books, but rarely finish.
I can't wait to see the pics from NYC. I'll see you tomorrow at class. Hey, maybe we should do lunch on Friday, what do you think?
I never thought of 'marrying cousins'...now that is funny indeed. Could explain a lot!! haha....
I didn't know you were an avid reader either. Amazing.
Now the spelling thing, surely you have received the email that goes around stating, if you can read it, you must be a genious. Well...that's me! I can read it. It takes the work, and scrambles the middle letters. It says that the eye only sees the first and last letters and just processes the word. There you have it. That is why you can not spell better.
So that's why you love to mow the lawn!! Hilarious:) Also, I didn't know that about you and the littering thing. You would have not liked me at all in high school. I littered every now and then only on campus, justifying it by thinking I was keeping people employed. I have since changed my ways:)
Post a Comment