Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

I'm not sure what is included in the Breakfast of Champions(I have some family members who think it's a diet coke and a snickers bar!) and I'm sure it differs from person to person, but you should all find out what Kei and Eli Manning had Sunday morning because they both kicked some major bootay in their games!
This past weekend was a blast. First, Kei was playing in a bball tourney in Stow, Ohio. He did have a little injury in the first game (he pulled his groin muscle) and wasn't able to play the next game. We iced his leg the rest of the day and night and Ky helped him stretch and taped it up the next day so that he could play. He ROCKED! They had a tough game in the semi-finals and Kei had to gaurd their biggest and best player. It was so freaking awesome to watch Kei annoy the this kid with his stellar defense and shut him completely down. Our fans were going crazy and it was so much fun. Needless to say, we won the game and made it to the championship. In the end we didn't play the championship game because our other 5 grade travel team, that we practice with, also made it to the championship and the coaches decided that we would all go home and not wait around another hour to play and just be co-champions. It was sorta crappy because I know our boys would have wooped up on them, but oh well, we got to go home and get ready for the Super Bowl.


How does Keion feel about being the tourney champs?
How does he feel about sharing the championship with the other team?
Check out the hardware they got. I'm actually running out of places to store all of them. We have one weekend off and then we have another tourney here in Jackson. We find out in a week if he made the "A" team that is formed from the best players of the two teams they have now. I'm positive he will make it and then we will be going to state in Columbus the end of Feb.
After we got home, we went over to Ben and Rachel Olson's house to watch the Super Bowl. We had some time before kick off so Keion went upstairs to play with Heber and enjoy his awesome toys.
I think I would actually enjoy the Cars Race Track for myself. If you have little kids and you don't own this..you should. Heber has the best expressions and is so darn cute and he loves Keion, of course(notice Keion's ice pack, he was a little sore after his game)!
Rachel made the BEST egg rolls for the party. I've mentioned them before but they are worth mentioning again. Kylan LOVES them and we both ate way too many. Check out Rachel's hot new haircut and color. I wish this picture would do more justice on the color, it is so vibrant and looks amazing on her. Poor Rachel slaving away at the stove. I'm watching, doing nothing and waiting to benefit from all of her hard work! Here is the recipe for her egg rolls. I know it sounds simple but these are scrumpdilliumscious!
Rachel buys a bag of cole slaw mix that has the cabbage and carrots already shredded (this is definitely how I will do it).
Brown the ground pork and onions in a skillet
Add salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste (ends up being about half a bottle of soy sauce, in all)
When the meat is done, add the cabbage and carrots and mix around
Add more soy sauce
Cook just until cabbage is tender
Remove from heat (duh!)
Let it cool before placing on wraps so they won't melt (double duh!)
Wrap the egg rolls following packages directions using a flour and water paste to close
Fry in oil on medium heat until golden brown and bubbly (see pic above)
There you have it. I'm so happy that I saw her make part of these because even with her simple "Duh" proof recipe- I would find a way to completely destroy them.
We had lots of other yummy snacks but they were your typical party snacks. Our other friends, the Allred's, came over too. Unfortunetly they were going for the Pats. I felt for them but I was so much more happy that NY won that I couldn't keep my enthusiasm hidden. What an awesome game. It was the icing on a perfect weekend!

8 comments:

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

I don't know who that girl is cooking on the stove but that haircut is going to be awfully hard to recover from! Ha ha! I just had to throw that in.

Congrats to Keion and Eli....what a great day for the sport enthusiest!

DeGooyer Family said...

These sound SO good - thanks for posting!

Laci said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Congrats to Keion!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Congrats to Keion!! PS. The picture of you on the sidebar is GORGEOUS!!! Hello Diva Danette!

hayley said...

Way to go Keion! You rock:) Also, I could go for some of those egg rolls right now! They look delicious.

Jen A. said...

Love the Post! You are ALWAYS so creative. Looks like we didn't make it in time for pic's. Ya, this friday, if that's OK. I will hopefully see you tomorrow at class - I should be there!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Keion!!! Again, I would love to watch him. You should get a little video clip of him and post it. Those egg rolls do look yummy. Cody would love them, maybe I'll get ambitious and try them one day! Kerri

DeGooyer Family said...

I made these tonight for dinner, and they were awesome!!! One of the easiest recipes I've ever made, and one of the most delicious, too. THANKS for posting!