Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Day of Mourning

Kei had to get his hair buzzed the other day. The poor kid was not truly happy about it, but it was a dire necessity, after he twisted several knots in his hair that had to be cut out. As you can tell from the pictures below, he would sit and twist his hair and sometimes he would get two different curls tangled up. I could poke my finger through the bottom of the individual curls but towards the top they were a twisted mess. The only way to get them out...cut them. I think we may have been able to salvage his hair, other than he took it upon himself to cut two of the knots out, and they were in the very front of his head(while Rachel was watching him..he he he, not your fault)! I thought only toddlers cut their own hair? It was a good effort by Keion but VERY noticeable nonetheless. His hair was long. The longest it has ever been. I'm not sure how long we will let it get this next time. He just doesn't have the motivation to keep product in it and take care of it like he needs to. I don't blame him-soul glow (not what he really uses but same effect) is a greasy mess. He looks so different with his short hair. I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time getting use to it. He had short hair his whole life until this last year. Give me a couple days and I won't even notice, I'm sure. To ease the pain of having to cut his hair, Kylan and I tell him that he will have less (or do you say more? I'm having a brain cramp) wind resistance for his State Tourney this weekend. Keion, a.k.a. FLASH! Do you think he looks older with short hair?
Here is a picture collage of the adventure. Buzzing his hair was like mowing thick, wet grass up to your knees. A pure joy. The remnants of his hair on the floor is so unlike white people hair. You can see each individual curl on the ground and it comes off in strips, all stuck together. Have you ever tried to peel an orange in only one strip? You could do a similar technique with Kei's hair, if only you could whip his head around like that and get him to sit still. Never, not going to happen!

4 comments:

hayley said...

There's the Keion I remember! He looks younger with the buzz, but maybe that's just because I remember him with a buzz. Anyways, he looks handsome both ways:) Too bad it's not summer, he would probably enjoy the buzz more.

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Hey Keion....sweet new do! I can't believe you cut your hair at my house....Heber and I decided we might have to kick your hiney

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Love the pictures! He looks so handsome; I love his cute smile. I can't get over how much hair is in the dustpan!! If only I had that much!! ;) It is crazy how it separates when cut into individual curls too! Wild! You are a good mom to make him sweep it up!! A good man in training. Do you know when/where you are moving? We have to looky.

Mark and Brittnay said...

In a strange way, I feel part of this hair cutting experience. Cool blog- a little heavy on the female perspective, but cool & entertaining nonetheless.
-Mark (Kylan's old seattle roomie)
P.S- Did Kylan ever tell you about Owm?