I thought I would like to do something like that. Well, it turns out that some of the pictures of our backyards, aren't so cool.
So I decided to take pictures of all the front doors of where we have lived. The only one I am missing is the door from Kirksville. Fortunately I will be able to get that one this next week.
I just changed the photos to black and white and framed them in all the same frames.
I bought a couple extra frames so that I can continue the pictures for a couple more moves.
I'm banking on at least two more before we are PERMANENTLY settled.
I also used NOTHING 2 FANCY to print the city names in vinyl along the bottom. The girls who do the vinyl are awesome and you can't beat their prices. They are also super quick in getting your product to you. As you can tell, I highly recommend using them for any project you might have. I'm going to use them again when I do Keion's headboard for his bed.
Here are the before and after pics of the doors. (Seattle-we lived in the borderline ghetto area)
(Massillon)
(Grand Blanc)
I tried to take a picture of the three that I have finished. I have the perfect spot to hang them in our home. I might put a sign above them, that my sister in-law made me, that says: Home is where your story begins...I haven't decided for sure if that is how I'm going to display them but I'll be posting pics once we get moved in to show the house. You can see how they look then.
Now all I have left to do is get table top books of all the states we have lived in. We will have a big collection!
Now all I have left to do is get table top books of all the states we have lived in. We will have a big collection!They are so expensive for the ones I want (of course) so that is going to take more time. Let me know what you think or if you have done something similar or different. I always need new ideas and I have to steal them from others because I can't come up with them on my own!



14 comments:
What a neat idea! The ones you have framed look really great.
You are so creative. Very cute idea!
That is awesome! What a fantastic idea--and the pictures turned out great.
Cool idea!!, yet again. I was counting my front doors and I have had a total of eight, oops, I mean nine. That is counting the one I know I had to have had in Blackfoot, but can't remember. Crazy, huh?
this is the cutest idea i have ever seen. you are so talented. i love it!
this is the cutest idea i have ever seen. you are so talented. i love it!
i LOVE this. What do you use to edit your photos? Did you do the writing your self? I am very jealous. Is that your car in the window? how fun
They turned out great!! I'm glad you went with those frames! I took a picture of our Apartment door in Cedar City this past Monday when Darin went to talk to some Ortho Doc's about a possible job in a few years!! Talk to you soon.
SOOOO cute! What a great idea! I never would have thought to take pictures of our doors...I have all of them to catch up on ...and we are on #8...yikes. They look great, the frames and vinyl are perfect. What a go getter too....I have so many projects I have yet to do...good intentions...
Can't wait to see you!
That is a great idea! I love how they turned out in the frames too. What an awesome way to remmeber where you have lived.
I am stealing this idea. I just need pictures of my house that has been burned down, and one was bulldozed down...I like your idea still.
I love your project! I'm so glad the lettering turned out. You took great photos, they look so professional, my photos would never look that good!
Really cool. You did such a good job of fixing the pictures to black and white.
Seriously cute idea. I wish I could copy you, but I'm behind on doors. I'd only have the one we're living in now. Oh well, i'll just admire yours!
Post a Comment