Saturday, May 24, 2008

Travel BBall Party

We had the travel basketball party last night. I know the season ended sometime ago but this seems to be the time that we always decide to get together. I'm glad that it happened before we moved. One more week and we will be out of here =(
There are so many wonderful things that I could say about this group of people that we have come to love.During the basketball season, they become just like family. We spend a lot of time and weekends together and it's great that we get along, or life could be pretty miserable.
The party was mainly for the team but they did do a little something for Keion, since this was his last time he would be with all of them. It almost makes me teary eyed writing this.
Some of the parents put together a picture frame and had all of the boys sign it. It was awesome. He also got a few other gifts that were awfully nice. I even got a thong from my friend Nancy!
Ok, so it was a book thong (I know what you were all thinking!) and a gift card to Borders. It was extremely thoughtful of her and it just made me realize how sad it is going to be to leave behind the friends we have here. I'm just grateful for all the memories we have made that we can take with us no matter where we go. We also aren't too far away so we will be back to visit.
We love all our friends in Jackson and will miss them fiercely when we leave.


Here is Keion receiving his picture frame.

A shot of the frame with just a couple of the boys.

The yummy cake Krista had made, so nice to be added on!

Here are several shots from the party and the boys playing outside by the lake. They had such a great time and the Merrill's house was gorgeous.


1 comment:

Kristi said...

Ahhhh, your blog made me sad. That would be hard to say good bye. But each time you move, you grow, make more friends, and experience new adventures. So, enjoy the journey!