Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Grad Party

We had a huge family/friend BBQ on Saturday in honor of Kylan graduating from medical school. It was a success. We had family and friends that traveled quite a distance to make it to the bash. There was around 65-70 people who showed up for the party and I believe everyone had a good time.
I loved seeing all of our families in one spot but it was difficult to try and get quality time with all of them,when there were so many to talk to. We were able to stay at Kylan's sisters with all of his siblings when we first got into town and now we are staying with my parents and will stay with my brother before we fly out, so that will give us a chance to visit everyone on a more personal level.
A big thanks to our parents and those who helped with the food, we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for all the sweet cards and gifts too!

Here are a couple pictures from the party:


This is one of my nephews. Is he the best looking kid you've ever seen or what?
After the party Kylan's family all went to their dad's grave site. We cleaned the headstone and left some flowers. It was nice to be there especially when the next day was Father's Day.

Keion snagged his Uncle Kevin's glasses, I think he can almost pull them off, just a bit too big!
Here is a picture of all of us with Grandma Peterson. I was laughing because it looks like Kylan is paired with his sister and I'm with her husband. Funny. Look at the little doll I'm holding, her brother was the handsome devil I had my picture with at the party. Beautiful kids, all of them.

6 comments:

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

I am happy your party was a success....I wish we would have done something like this for Ben. I have a feeling he would have had a different idea about it though.

Laura said...

im so glad i got to come and see you for like 2 seconds. It was good to see everyone!!! Travel back safely!

Jen A. said...

Looks like your having a great time!! I'm glad to see you are even "posting" in Idaho!

Kristi said...

Cute pics. It was a fun time. The ones of the grave made me sad. Kylan's dad was such a nice man.

Kirsten said...

The party was definitely a good time and I'm really glad that we all went to the cemetary together. It was so much fun to see you guys and I can't wait until next time! Have fun in Idaho before it's back to painting and settling in.

hayley said...

Looks like you had a fun party! I am glad it went well. And you got a great family shot.