Friday, June 27, 2008

Turtle Soup

There was a BIG turtle walking through our yard yesterday. Yes, I had to grab a camera and take some pictures (I am known as the camera Nazi).
I wanted to catch it and brew up some turtle soup. Really, why are you laughing? You don't think I would do it? Oh, your laughing because the boys would not eat it, right??
Working on the house has me far too busy to deal with making a pot of soup, that's why I didn't do it!

Here is Kylan trying to pester the turtle and get it to jump out of its shell (he does this to me too!). The turtle snapped at him a couple times and it definitely made me scared.
When turtles want to, they can get going at a pretty nice pace. Here the little guy, or maybe it's a girl-how do you tell? is strolling down the sidewalk.
Yummy, wouldn't that make some delicious soup?
This turtle is scowling at me, sorta like Keion when I won't stop taking pictures of him.
Next time I see a turtle in the yard I'll brew up a pot of soup and invite you all over!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

It's crazy that the turtle was just out wandering around! I went running the other night and a deer ran right towards me in our neighborhood. Can you believe that? Yes, our busy neighborhood surrounded by very busy streets. I have no idea how it got there. I wish I had my camera to take a picture of it!

hayley said...

That is the ugliest turtle I have ever seen! Your neighborhood looks nice from what you can see. Can't wait to see the pictures of all your hard work on your home:)

Kirsten said...

You are an excellent cook, but I think I'd have to pass on the turtle soup. It might be because I too think this is the ugliest turtle I've ever seen. They're a lot cuter on "Go Diego Go" and possibly more appetizing.

robertsfamof5 said...

Holly cow. I had no idea turtles even had tails. That is a big turtle. It was good to see you yesterday by the way. :)

robertsfamof5 said...

Holly cow. I had no idea turtles even had tails. That is a big turtle. It was good to see you yesterday by the way. :)

Jan said...

Hey!!!! Looks like "soup in a bowl" The tail is the handle. yummmmmm Perhaps you could open a little trailer on wheels that serves it up. Then you could compete with the taco restaurants on wheels.

justpace said...

Ew, that is like a dragon turtle! What is with it's super long tail? I thought turtles had short little stubby ones.

Kadie said...

You are supposed to be able to tell the sex of the turtle by the size of the tail, no joking. I think that small tails mean female and log ones mean male. Makes sence doesn't it? It really is an ugly turtle!!

Bonnie said...

That thing is gross! We have squirrels in our yard maybe I could make a side dish for your soup? Yuck!

Jen said...

That thing is huge!! I think the tail must contain half of its weight.