Sorry, still no pictures. It's going to be awhile until I can take some pictures without boxes and other clutter everywhere.
The stove is working, so my hard labor was not in vain!
I got one more bathroom cleaned and the kitchen is finished, paint and all..scream, clap, jump for joy!!!
We had to buy a new gas dryer (we had electric) and we also had to replace one of our kitchen light fixtures. It was so crusty that even Kylan (Mr.Cheap, who said he would scrub it to avoid buying a new one) thought it was better just to buy one. Plus the new one looks better and gives off way more light.
The garage is now empty enough for us to fit both our cars in..yeah, hoot, holla.
Our grass is yellow brown with only a hint of green. We are working on that.
The A/C works, it was 92 degrees today with about a million percent humidity. That makes cleaning and moving even more enjoyable.
To make the day complete, our realtor, who has become our friend, and his wife, brought us all some ice-cream from a local shoppe this evening. It was so nice of them and it was great that we had the kitchen table up so they could come in and stay a while and not have to sit on a paint can.
It really was a great break for us.
Are any of you other fellow friends having as much fun as I am? Do any of you have crazy stories from when you moved into a home? Please share, it will make me feel better about my situation =)
I did just remember that I have a disco ball for my bedroom light fixture. I MUST take a picture and post it. It really isn't a disco ball, but it looks just as bad. It also flickers when you turn it on.
Classy.
Gotta run. I want to clear a few more boxes tonight before I go to bed. It's 11:30 but the night is young. Last night we went to bed at 3:00 a.m. Kylan couldn't get out of bed this morning. Me, I jumped right out of bed no problem. Now who's the old one?
13 years ago



5 comments:
Hey, what is the downfall of "Mr.Cheap"? It is wise frugality, money saving talent. You seriously have to have a secret prideful deep feeling of joy for a husband with that quality. Hmmmm...Really you gotta love it.
Hey y'all (as they say down in the deep south)! wish I was there to help paint and get you moved in. I've done my share of painting and I definitely owe Kylan for helping move that 2000 lb armoire (that's approximately one ton :) Hope life is getting more bearable. I just had the thought, how crazy, Four of us Idahoans (Two from pocatello, two from Twin falls) and here we will all be in our little new corner of the world together. Anyway, we are excited for your arrival, even though we strategically planned on being a thousand miles away during the hard part.
I can't wait to see pics of all your hard work!!
I should have mentioned this earlier. You should use Don Aslett Cleaning supplies. They work really well. I like the stuff for the bathroom the best. I think you can buy it online. If you don't know who he is, he is an old guy from Pocatello who started a cleaning line. I know you can buy it around here but I am not sure if he sells his stuff out there. Anyway, thats my only advice... Maybe you should wear a face mask when you clean. You don't want to get the Hantavirus!
I'm sorry...doesn't sound like you have been have too much in Michigan thus far; but I'm sure it will get better!! All your hard work will pay off, and I can't wait to see pic's, I know it will look fantastic!
We are waiting on our last "house offer", the other 3 took other offers. A card board box is about the only thing that we will have when we get to Vegas, I guess we will have to call that home:) So at least you have a house!!!
Post a Comment