Friday, October 10, 2008

The Deals

Ok, here are some pics of the items I purchased yesterday.
The first four are from Value City Department Store. They are the ones closing their store (the one my students told me about).
I got 2 pairs of earrings, a necklace, shirt and the bath rug I've been looking for. All of the jewelry was 3.oo dollars each. Regularly 12.oo and 14.oo dollars.
This shirt from American Eagle was originally 39.00 dollars. I purchased it for 13.00!
Now the bath rug is a kicker. I thought it was going to be around 5 or 6 dollars but instead it ended up being a whopping 1.25!!! Sara and I were laughing when we saw the price. I couldn't believe it. All I need to do now is get something to hold it down in place. Any suggestions?These next finds came from Big Lots. Not only were the home decor items marked at 80% off, we also had a 20% off coupon that was tacked on top of that. Awesome.
These items are by Jennifer Farrell.
This first one was originally marked at 20.00 dollars, I paid 2.50.
This little square was 15.00 but I paid 2.00 dollars. Yeah!
I got two candle holders for 2.00 a piece, marked down from 15.00, wow!
Hey, aren't those Halloween candles cute? My sis. in-law bought them for me several years ago and I love when I get to pull them out. (candles to be on the holders soon)
Now this was such a fun find. Propel for .35 cents each plus 20% off on top of that. Lovin' it.These were my BIG finds for the day. Well, yesterday and I wish that I could go back for more.
I've decided putting the extra money in savings is a better thing to do right now.
We are off to play games with out friends. Shocking that we actually have something to do. Shocking that we have friends! HE HE HE

13 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Awesome finds! =) I love a good bargain, too.

Jana Dille said...

Okay, it's now a competition!! Good job, I love a good deal:)

Burrups said...

Way cute stuff! I can't believe the price you paid. That's awesome! I love the Halloween picture of Keion. Too cute!!

Kirsten said...

Everyone loves a good deal! Way to go! Love all of your cute decor! They have stuff to put under rugs to keep them from slipping. I think it usually just comes in a roll and you cut it to fit your rug.

Mandi said...

Man, you gotta love a good deal! Isn't it like the most exhilarating feeling!?! I like your finds! :) I sure can't wait to see those paychecks comin'!

Jan said...

I had some rugs that curled up and I but "duck tape" along the edges on the under side. Yup, duck tape. Good stuff. Oh, and it worked. go figure.

Good shopping. I, too, love a deal. Surprise, huh?

Laura said...

i love your deals. they for sure are excellent!! everything is so cute too! not like it wouldnt be coming from you but still i LOVE IT ALL!

Rose said...

your new stuff are lovely!! I loved the earrings and necklace.

Maren said...

CUTE STUFF Danette. Way to shop. I love the jewelry. I'm going to have to drag dan there. Wish me luck.-M

Kristi said...

Fun stuff! I loved it all and especially the prices! Lucky!

Raquel said...

BARGAIN!

Raquel said...

Oh try double sided sticky tape to keep the rug down and in place! This stuff will keep a kid in place.

Jen said...

I love finding sweet deals. I love that rug!