Monday, October 13, 2008

Food

What else would I be writing about?? It's all we do when we get together with friends...chow down. Again, we went to the Pullin's for the feast. On the way over Keion was asking if there was going to be anything he would like. Duh, is there ever a time when we get together and Sara is cooking that we don't love it all? Never!
What I need to start doing is posting the recipes along with all the delicious food. I'll do that next time. Right now I'm lucky to even post.
Some of you may have already tried this apple dip. It has Health toffee chips in it. Heavenly! Forget dinner, I'll just have some apples.The nice thing about being behind the camera...you never have a shot of yourself feeding your face! It's just the guys and they are ok with it, it's what they are suppose to do :-) Top off the dinner with some ice cream, ymmmm. The caramel topping was the Sanders brand, some long distant relative off Sara's family tree, he he he!The allergy test didn't say Keion was allergic to mosquitos but it didn't have to. The boy instantly swells as soon as he gets bit.
Of course the evening wouldn't be complete without a game of Bocce ball.
The trees are starting to turn colors and it is beautiful around here. I'm enjoying it as much as I can until it turned dismal and brown. The weather this past weekend was sunny and in the low 80's. Absolutely perfect.
This was our last BBQ of the season. The weather is going to turn cold soon and grilling outside isn't going to be as fun. What a bummer.
No worries, we will still get together and play games, only we will be cooking indoors.
Keion has decided that he wants to be a Smurf or Bob The Builder for Halloween. I'm not sure I can pull off either of them. We will see what he decides. I guess the Smurf outfit can't be too much more difficult than the Umpa Lumpa costume was. I can't believe the holiday season is fast approaching. First Keion's birthday and then Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. Ugh, I'm not ready.
Who knows what the hot kid items, for Christmas, are this year?

4 comments:

MadMama said...

Ok I am seriously needing some of this yummy food you guys keep eating! Heath bars in apple dip? YUM!

Kerri said...

Looks like a lot of fun! That apple dip in awesome. I swear a put a whole bag of heath bits in mine. You say who needs dinner, I say who even needs the apples, I'll just take the dip!

Kristi said...

Looks fun....your friend's yard is picturesque!

Sara said...

And don't forget about your yummy salad...thanks for bringing it!!