The first incident occurred when he and a player from the opposing team both jumped up to head the ball. For some reason, and I'm not just saying this because I'm his mother, he was called for a penalty, when he was not at fault. Actually, the other kid ended up jumping on Keion's back.
A few plays later Keion was playing forward and the two defenders were passing the ball back and forth. One of them had a bad touch and Keion charged after the ball. The kid barely got the ball off in time but Keion was going full force and was unable to stop himself from barrelling into the poor kid.
It knocked the wind out of him and he crumbled to the ground. Keion didn't really notice because he was already running back the other direction to help his teammates. Little did he know that he had blood dripping down his face. Some how in the body slam he split the side of his eye/cheek open.
Eventually the coach noticed and subbed him out. I ran over to the sidelines to put a band aid on him so the coach could continue coaching. I noticed it was pretty deep and had Kylan come take a look at it. It was possible that it may have needed a stitch but Kylan thought some steri-strips would do the job.

Here is what it looked like cleaned up. It doesn't look too horrible but it is on his face and you don't want to have a huge scar if it isn't taken care of properly.
Fortunately we have a doctor in the family and this is exactly what he is going to be doing. If you ever have a facial laceration, you want and ENT doing the stitching. They specialize in facial plastic surgery. Here Kylan is closing the gap and taping it down. Ouch.
Keion was a trooper and now he has to wear this look for several more days.
Soccer can get very physical and dangerous, especially when they are heading the ball. Keion's team ended up winning the game and they are now in first place. He scored a goal too!! Thank you to Pat, Norma and Sara who have made it out to his games. It means a lot to him to have people there to cheer him on. We know our family would be there if they could, but since they can't, you are all a great replacement!



4 comments:
Ouch! He is so stinkin tough and tell him great job on the goal he made.
Awesome paying Keion!!! I wish I could watch you. I'd cheer, or yell, but then you probably wouldn't hear me any better than if I yelled from Utah. (ask your Dad) Speaking of your Dad the doc, where are the rubber gloves??? haha Good to have a doc in the house, house calls as well. Keep playing hard, well I probably don't need to say that as you know no other way. Have fun and keep scoring!
What the world. I would have decked the other kids mom!!!
It his handy to have these doctors around isn't it. Heber is just accident prone enough that I think we are really going to benefit from Ben's area of expertise.
Great job Ke! We can't have any injury to that pretty face! Glad there's a doctor in the house!
Post a Comment