Saturday, February 7, 2009

Preview

Sweet Mary, it was 50 degrees today! We, and the rest of the people in this town, are much better because of it. I could jump up and down and shout for joy because we are expected to have a WEEK full of warm weather. HALLELUJAH!
I was promising some mouth watering recipes but have yet to deliver. My apologies. My friend who has the recipes just had surgery and has been down and out this past week. I figured it was best not to pressure her to get those to me, I'm sure you understand. If you don't, well then you are just wrong and cruel.
The meatball subs were, oh so, delicious. Kylan made himself sick by eating too much. If you ever try the recipe ( once I share it) you will not be disappointed.
Here is a little photo of what is to come.

On another note, Kylan and I had the whole day to spend together. We haven't done something with just the two of us in such a long time. Keion had the Klondike Scout Derby all day so we took advantage.
We bought a new laptop-yeah, and then went out to eat at bd's Mongolian BBQ after which we saw the movie, Taken. I suggest you go see it. We had such a great time. Nothing like a little one on one time.


Oh ya, Keion also had his last indoor soccer games this morning. He won the first and lost the second. They either tied for first or took second. Keion scored a goal in the first game, a real beauty, and almost had another in the second game. He is still playing basketball and loving that too.

Kylan is now doing a pulmonology rotation, his last before general surgery starts. He will savor his last days of freedom before that begins.

I'm going to go and change out of my swimsuit (just kidding) and get ready for bed, it is 7:30 and almost past my bedtime. Seminary is killing me and I go to bed earlier than ever, even on the weekends. Ok, not that early but 10:00 is the max. so sad but true.

Have a wonderful night :-)

5 comments:

robertsfamof5 said...

I think I saw your friend at Sams Club yesterday, the cute short blonde gal. I recognized her from your blogging ics. She had a limp to her walk. I wondered if she had something done. Hope she is okay.

Burrups said...

I can't wait for the meatball recipe. It looks so yummy! Glad to hear you are getting some warm weather and things are going good. I feel for you with the whole sleep thing.

Kristi said...

I am glad you are having nice weather. It is pretty drab here! The recipes sound delicious....I'll be waiting!

Kirsten said...

Loved the stuck in the snow story! Can't wait for the recipes! ughhhhh, it makes me tired just thinking about how early you have to get up! :)

Chloe said...

Oh man, I am loving this warm weather. It makes me way happy. My da's gonna love those meatball subs. I'm excited :D