Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Games

What a night.
To be a part of a record setting crowd of 72,456 and be 4 of 100 who were cheering for Carolina, was awesome!
Ok, so maybe there were a few more cheering for the Heels but not many. State has a definite home court advantage. Ford Field was packed with Spartan fans. We were sitting right in the middle of a section of them. It should make for an exciting Monday night game. Pray for us.
Just kidding. But really, we have already talked about Carolina winning and how we would need to cover up once we start walking to our car.
We actually found a pretty good parking spot but it was still a distance for Dan who was on crutches. Ouchie on the armpits and arms.









I LOVE this picture. Most of the State fans that were sitting around us had left after their game but this still shows the boys cheering all alone during the Carolina game. True fans for sure.
Keion was tuckered out by the end of the night. It was a long time to sit in your seats through 2 games. He slept in this morning until 10:00. Almost a Keion record.
I can hardly wait for Monday night. It will be shweeeeet if Carolina wins under the extreme crowd conditions and disadvantage and super sad if they lose. You know how we hate to lose and to battle with the crowd and come out losers...let's just say it won't be pretty. Like I said, keep us in your prayers!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so awesome. I've always wanted to go to those championships, I wouldn't care who was playing. So it's cool you get to see a team you care about! Looks like you'll have to cheer extra loud to counteract the Michigan fans!

robertsfamof5 said...

I knew it wouldn't take long to post this moment in your life!

hayley said...

How fun! I can just imagine you guys loving it sitting with all the opposition:) Good luck tonight, be safe, SERIOUSLY!!! that's nice the team has good colors, you guys look good in light blue