Saturday, April 25, 2009

National Infertility Awareness Week

Starting today, is NIAW. There is a great link where you can find out more about infertility. Click here.

More and more I hear stories about women not being able to have children or having to go to extreme lengths to get pregnant. My hope is that more people will become sensitive to these issues.

If you are reading this and struggle with infertility, you are not alone. Here is a site you might want to visit. A friend of mine started an infertility blog and you can share your story (which I still haven't done, oops) and also ask questions and get responses from those who have been in similar situations. Check it out, Fertility Stumpers.

4 comments:

Jana Dille said...

good info, and yeah where is your story already:)!! I know it's a pain to have to write about it all and even talk about really.

Kristi said...

I don't blame you for not writing yet. Geez, where to start huh? You guys have been through a lot, as so many others we know. It is just such a mind boggling thing. I have three kids so I feel silly saying, I understand, but a big part of me does, really. Taking three or more years to get pregnant gives you those same feelings of wonder, frustration, fear, etc. I just hope and pray it can happen for you and so many of our loved ones who are currently struggling with infertility. I just won't give up hope! Love you.....

Small House said...

Isn't it crazy what life decides to hand us? Sometimes it's just not easy to share stories that are so personal. I think it comes when it needs to.

I'm going to pass this on to some women in our ward that could use this.

We love you guys!!
Sandra

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Hey, I have been thinking about you today. I am having a D&C done on Friday. If you get a chance, and have any thoughts, I'd love anything you have to share. If not, no worries. =) You are a hero to many! Hope you are feeling well.