Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Too bad it had to end.

We spent the entire day in Detroit.
For the Final Four, there was an exhibit with tons to do at the Cobo Center. We went to check it out. (we also had dinner at Pizza Papali's, come visit and we will take you, it's the best)
Keion and Kylan had tons of fun playing ball and testing their skills.

This picture doesn't show it but those two balls were actually spinning on two pens. Such a talented boy isn't he?
They had a jumping test to see how high you could jump. Keion topped off at 7'8!

Kylan and Keion had a soccer skills race. Kylan had to cheat!

We got our faces painted.



More skills games.
The Detroit Tiger had its Carhartt jacket on, too funny. We were parked right by Comerica Park.
Pregame analysis with the Sport Center crew.
You can't tell from this picture but the Temptations sang the National Anthem.
It didn't take long for the State fans to become uninterested.
The victory was soooo sweeeet!



We made our way down to the bottom row next to the exit site where the players would be leaving from. My photography skills were sub par. I needed to either concentrate on taking pictures or checking out the players because doing both didn't work so well!

This is a picture of Wayne Ellington, wish he would have put that towel down.
Ty Lawson, giving Kylan high five and then Keion.
Danny Green as a blur.
Tyler Hansborough, after the fact.
This picture is very unpleasant. Coach Roy Williams was shaking everyone's hands and some drunk guy right next to Kylan would not let go of his hand. Made coach very mad. Obviously. Drunk people are out of control.
I cannot begin to explain the hostility the State fans were expressing to us, Tarheel fans.
It didn't help that the most obnoxious ones were drunk and idiotic. The profanities were flying out of the State fans mouths every other word. But can you blame them? Their team stunk and our team rocked!!
A couple sitting behind us had just driven back from Florida the night before to make it to the game. Welcome back to snow and a loss. I hope they went back to Florida!
We had the best time. It was all worth it and we can't wait to go again. If any of you ever get a chance to go, do it, you won't regret it.
Oh ya, we recorded the game and saw ourselves. It was much easier for us to spot because we knew right where to look. Fun.
It is still snowy outside so staying in and painting all week won't be so bad. What else would we do??

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I totally looked for you! For the first five minutes. Then it was pretty clear how this game was going and I went and did some grocery shopping, ha ha! Glad you had fun and came out victorious. Sorry about the profanity--never fun. I bet some magazine would pay you for that picture of the angry coach :)

Andrea said...

Wow! Looks like you had a fun time.
Your spring break looked about like mine...cripes!

Sharisa said...

I am jealous! I would have much rather done that then go on a cruise. We are all Tarheels fans in our household too. I am glad you guys had such a super time.

Kristi said...

AWESOME! These pics. give me the chills! It looks like you guys had a blast. I am so envious!

Burrups said...

How awesome!! We are jealous too. I am glad you guys had a great time.

robertsfamof5 said...

WOW. Looks like soooo much fun. One thing about your pizza comment. Have you tried the pasta pizza at Tiffanys in Frankenmuth? This one is our favorite!!!!!

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Hey...I have to admit we didn't watch the game, but we sure thought about how much we hated you for getting to be there!!!!

It looks like fun was had by all (with the exception of the people in green).

I have to tell you that I met your friend Dulcey today. You two look like you could be sisters. It was fun to put a face with a name.