Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Emory

What a little ball of fun this girl has become.
We all just love her to pieces.
We took some pics to try to put an announcement together and here are a couple of the shots.
Some are not so good as far as the photography skills but Emory is still cute.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 At her last appointment Emory weighed a little over 14 lbs and was just over 24 inches long. (I think)
I am horrible at remember those kinds of things. They just don't matter to me I guess. If she is happy and healthy then who cares about the details, right?
She has started to laugh so much more and everyone of us has gotten her to laugh but I think Kylan does it the most. But then again, he tries the most too.
Emory has also started to make sounds and has even rolled over twice on her own.
It might happen more if I would put her on her tummy more but she hates it and I rarely make her do it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
In the beginning, Emory hated the bath.
Once we figured out that she LOVES to have super hot water like her big bro. She loves it.
If I take her out before she is ready, she gets mad and starts to fuss.
Photobucket
I LOVE this look!
I think she gets the "puke eye" (as my dad called it) from me. Not something to brag about by any means but it is so funny when she does it. It makes her eyes look more like Kylan when she does it but she definitely has my eyes. The shape looks a lot like Keion and at times some of her expressions make her look like a vanilla version of him.
Photobucket
I really dislike the baby comb-over.
When babies are born with hair usually their heads grow faster than the hair and it becomes a blotchy mess on their head.
I couldn't stand it and shaved Emory's hair off.
It looked much better.
Now it can all come in at the same time and be the same length. (she is sorta giving that look again!)
Photobucket
She also sleeps with her eyes open when she is napping.
Not all the time but every now and then.
Photobucket
Every day Emory is getting stronger and able to hold herself up. I know it won't be long and she will be crawling all around. Photobucket This girl is a spittin' image of her father. If I wasn't sick for 4 months and then carry her around the other 5 I wouldn't believe she was mine! She does have my feet, whoopdy-do and my eyes. Only every so often does she take a picture or make an expression that makes her look like me or Keion, and then I know that must be me, but other than that she is her father's daughter and he loves it. For a family that really wanted a boy, we sure do love our baby girl.

4 comments:

Jen A. said...

So Stinkin Cute!!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

There are no words. No words at all. None that could even describe her cuteness, or yours. I am so sad we are leaving. SO not fair. Cutest. Baby. Ever.

karrie jo Winder said...

She has to be the best dressed baby! Always looking good. I can't wait to give her loves.

hayley said...

What a doll. It makes me happy to think of all the love and attention she is getting in your home. What a lucky little girl! I wish I could give her a squeeze in person.