I wore the same dress everyday. It was black with an elastic waist band and I could easily slide it over my sweats or scrubs that I wore underneath. I was always sooo cold in the morning, especially during the winter. I often wore my slippers or slides as well. Such a classy look!
The kids and I would always joke about my outfits. The top would be what I was going to wear to work but the bottom was my pj's or sweats with the black skirt over the top, EVERY DAY!
Last summer when I was done teaching we were going to have a big party and burn the "seminary skirt".
Well, if you remember last summer was not a good one for me (sick and prego) and I was not up for partying at all. I almost threw the black skirt away but held on to it.
Just the other day, we burned the skirt!
Wouldn't you know, that skirt would not burn!
Kylan went and got some gas and poured it all over the skirt. Ryan finally dropped the match the sent the skirt up in flames.
It melted into a puddle of goo. So sad to see it go but it was a must. I never wanted to wear that skirt again or be tempted to. Come on, it was comfy, remember it had an elastic waist band!

I am so thankful for the opportunity to work with these kids. They have been a ton of fun and I get sad every time they grow up and go off to college. Pretty soon it will be Keion. I don't even want to think about it.














No comments:
Post a Comment