Friday, August 24, 2007

Nostalgia




Pulling into Grandma McBride's driveway I could almost smell the lilac bushes and the memories came flooding back. Hours during the summer were spent at Grandma's playing on the tire swing and running down the street to the store to buy penny candy. Yes, a penny, way back in my day, it was worth something.
I can't believe we use to be able to squish four of us on that tire swing. I could barely get on it by myself this time. It was the best when the older siblings or cousins would push you and knock you into the tree trunk. The day wasn't a success unless you left a layer of your skin either on the tree trunk or the rope.


I had such an exhilarating time getting back on the swing. There isn't a care in the world when you are floating in the swing. Very therapeutic.


Kei and his buddy Jake had a fun time as well. Sometimes don't you wish you could just go back to being young and carefree?













































1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

What CUTE pictures of you two!! You are such a fun mom. =)