Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Smells Best Forgotten



I've been in Idaho for 4 days now and have been going nonstop. I guess that is what happens when you see your family and friends only once a year.

I had the chance to drive to Pocatello today to visit some friends and family there. I must admit that I forgot what a stink hole it is between Twin Falls and Pocatello. On our drive home we went through 3 different spots where the stench of cows could burn your nose hairs off. At one point it was so strong that I felt I needed to not only hold my breath but close my mouth in case I could taste it. UGH! I kept thinking of the song Linger by The Cranberries because that is exactly what the smell would do. It was like a hazy cloud of funk that just wouldn't go away.

I guess every place has it's good points and not so good points. This is on the top of not so good.

3 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Glad you're having fun, despite the smell. =)

Kirsten said...

That drive may be bad, but Jerome has to rank right up there too. They say you should roll down your windows to recirculate the air, but doesn't that just seem counter-intuitive!? Who wants their window down when it stinks outside!??

Unknown said...

COWS! I love cows! sigh - i miss Idaho.