
I'm an addict.
People who don't do drugs call marijuana dope. People who do marijuana call heroin dope.
Some use the word dope to describe something cool or awesome. For some reason, unbeknownst be to me, I've started using the word dope to describe people who are thick, dense, slow, dull, dim-whitted and brainless.
I can't figure out where this originated. Sometimes you can hang out with someone or talk with someone so much that you pick up certain words or phrases and start mimicking them, especially if it drives you crazy when they do it, you are bound to start doing the same thing.
No one I know says this word...not yet anyway!
I feel like my vocabulary is shrinking and the only thing I can think of to say when being negative is to use the word dope.
For example:
The Memphis men's basketball team. Dopes, all of them. They need to learn how to shoot free-throws.
Referees. Dopes.
The guy who was fiercely picking his nose in his truck, like he was invisible and no one could see him (why do people think no one can see them when they get in the car?). A dope.
The lady who thought she could just tie her bumper back onto her car with some rope and duct tape (it was going to fall off any second). A dope.
Drivers who don't use their signal lights when turning. Dopes.
Drivers who cut you off in traffic. Dopes.
I was just about to use another driver example but decided against it. I think I might have road rage!
I also call myself a dope all the time. Like when I forget to put something in the mail that needs to go out, use the wrong measurements while cooking or forget stuff. I'm always being a dope.
I hope this passes quickly, or maybe I should just stop name calling and being negative.
Naw, I have to have at least one flaw (insert gagging and snide remarks here)!!!
On another note. Ky had a basketball game last night. He plays in the First Friends Church League. He scored around 50 points. He was on fire! I need to brag about him from time to time because he gets the least amount of lovin' on the blog. Today is also his last day of rotations. It is going to be interesting to see how well he copes with being home and having nothing to do. More interesting will be to see how well I cope with having him home all day!



3 comments:
How are you? I am so glad you found my blog. It was so great to hear from you. You are as gorgeous as I remember. Your family is so cute too. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Too funny! How should I contact you to catch up? Hope to hear from you soon. Kels
HAHA!! My family used to use that word to..."whatta dope!" I haven't used it in a long time...I think? Now you have me wondering. I also use "shameet head" and dork lately. Hm. Bad me...be nice.
You crack me up. I can remember using "dope" when I was a kid.
Post a Comment