In the past several years as we have celebrated Christmas with just the three of us, we have developed some of our own family traditions.
One of them being a trip to the Chinese Buffet for Christmas Eve dinner. Growing up, my grandma would always make Chinese food on Christmas Eve, I don't try to make it, that would be just down right silly, this is something we should be enjoying! So we go out. Why a buffet? Well, I like to eat a variety of stuff, Keion loves the chicken on a stick plus he likes to get a variety as well and Kylan, well he just sticks to his 2-favorite types of chicken. It has always worked best to just go buffet style.
We were going to do take out this year. Last minute Keion talked us into going to the buffet. As you will tell by the pictures, we were not ready to go out.
Yes, this is me without any makeup on and a hat to hide my non-combed hair. I was thinking that was one of the perks of celebrating by ourselves...you don't have to get all done up but I was also thinking we were only going to be at home. Oh well.
I snapped a couple pictures of Keion with his chicken on a stick. He said whoever invented this was pure genius.
One of our other traditions is to put together a puzzle. Kylan always gets the hard ones.
We open the presents from our family gift exchange.
Thanks Noah for the gift card!
Kylan got a great book from Jennifer...thank you! (I too got a book, it's just not here yet)
Then the opening of the Christmas p.j.'s- always a hit!


We also read a Christmas story from one of our many books, watch Christmas Vacation, which every year I forget how horrible the language is. It is just too darn funny though and a classic so why not. Today we will have dinner with friends and go to a movie. We always go to a movie.I think we are going to watch Bedtime Stories. I think it will be good. Review to follow later!
I hope you are all enjoying your Christmas morning. Keion had a blast. Pics too will follow.
It is only 8:45 and I'm ready for a nap!
I think I will curl up with the blanket Kirsten got me (love it!) and take a snooze.
Ciao



6 comments:
Merry Christmas!!
This sounds like fun! I like your traditions, but they wouldn't work with our obnoxious fam. I'm glad you enjoyed Christmas though!
How fun! Keion rocks in his PJ's! Just remember, I am much older than you AND you are married to a doctor, you will probably have a mansion and a maid when you are as old as me! You guys are adorble and I hope you had an awesome Christmas!
Sooo fun!!! I love not cooking on Christmas Eve. Your traditions sound like good ones. I'm glad you guys are having a good Christmas!
You're too good to already have your Christmas posted! Merry Christmas and all this talk of chinese food is making me seriously hungry. Chicken on a stick sounds really good right now! Love you guys and glad you had a wonderful Christmas!
Merry Christmas!! Those sound like awesome traditions. Especially the whole chinese thing.
Post a Comment