Monday, December 1, 2008

My Gift From Mother Nature

What else could I possibly ask for?




Nothing like waking up on your birthday and finding out that you don't have to go to work!
Yes, school was canceled and I went right back to bed, sleeping in until 8:30. What a great way to start the day.
I don't even care that I'm a year older. I'm going to do squat today, except help Keion a little with the shoveling. With that much snow, he is bound to need a break or two.

18 comments:

robertsfamof5 said...

Happy Birthday Girly! A day off from work has got to the best birthday gift anyone could ask for!

Laci said...

Beautiful pictures! Enjoy your day off for your birthday :-)

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! A snow day already and your not even in Kirksville. Enjoy your day.

hayley said...

Happy Birthday! SLeeping in is one of the best gifts:) It looks really pretty:) We had 70 degree weather yesterday, Luke was in shorts and t-shirt. It's kinda wierd, but I love it! Have fun getting a work out shoveling. I did like shoveling for a work out:) oh yeah, prelit is definitely the bomb. Our three foot tree is prelit! haha a walmart special last year.

Rose said...

Feliz CumpleaƱos!! congrats for your unexpected gift! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Laura said...

danette!! happy birthday. what a great birthday present. i love snow days!

Judaloo said...

Its your birthday shout hooray! We're going to sing to you today. One year older and wiser, too. Haaaappy Birthday, to you!! I'd really sing it for ya, but you might not ever talk to me again.

Jan said...

Well, I could think of a few more things to go along with the snow day for a birthday. But - hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Take the snow day when you get it. But go ahead and ask for more. haha

Sharisa said...

Happy Birthday! Don't forget the hot cocoa. You should have two helpings since it snowed AND it's your birthday!!

MadMama said...

What an awesome birthday present! Happy birthday! I hope Kylan takes you somewhere special!

Chloe said...

Oh man, that's awesome, Sister P!! And beautiful. Hope you had a great birthday!

Kirsten said...

This is a little late considering you're already in bed, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a good one and I hope you like your gift! love ya

Burrups said...

Hope you had a great Birthday!! Glad you got a snow day and to sleep in. The pictures of the snow are beautiful. We have had great weather here and I am wishing it would snow. A little anyway.

valerie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Danette!!! That's sweet that you had the day off for your birthday!!

Kristi said...

I love the Christmas songs, thanks! I listen to them when I sit and grade papers on-line!

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Hooray for sleeping in and birthdays! We hope you had a good day!

Jen said...

Happy birthday. That is the best gift ever. I can't remember the last time I was not awake by 7.

Kristi said...

I can not beleive it snowed that much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!